Black Eyed Peas Curry Recipe – Lobia Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Simple Black Eyed Peas Curry which goes well with rice or roti. This can be also had with pulao, naan or kulcha too.
Black eyed peas is a nutritious grain which you have to include in your diet atleast once a month. You can either make rasam or sundal using it. It taste really delicious.
You can also check out this mixed legumes curry which is high in protein.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Black Eyed Peas - 1 cups dried
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Onions - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chilli - 1 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomato - 2 chopped finely
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tblsp finely chopped
- Soak black eyed peas overnight. Take it in a pressure cooker, add salt and water. Cover and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistle. Turn off the flame and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin and allow it to sizzle.
- Add onions, green chillies and cook till golden.
- Add in tomatoes and mix well. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Add spice powders and mix well.
- Add in cooked peas along with the liquid. and mix well.
- Mash it roughly.
- Boil for few more mins.
- Serve with roti or rice.
1)Soak black eyed peas for 6 to 8 hours. Take it in a pressure cooker.
2)Cover with water
3)Add some salt
4)Cook for 3 to 4 whistle.
5)Heat oil in a pan
6)Add some cumin
7)Add some onions and tomatoes
9)Cook till onions get soft
10)Add in ginger garlic paste and green chillies
12)Add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, garam masala powder
14)Add cooked peas with the cooking liquid
16)Mash few beans so it gets thick
17)Mash the beans roughly
18)Simmer till it thickens
19) Add coriander leaves