Savoury Semolina Cake Recipe – Tea Time Spicy Sooji Cake Recipe – Rava Cake with step wise pictures.
Super delicious savoury semolina cake which is best for breakfast. This is a spicy version of cake and taste so yummy with a cup of chai.
I have been eyeing on this recipe for quite sometime now. This is Anjum Anand’s recipe and it is too good. If you try your hands on it you will never regret it.
This cake is super easy to make and it taste so yummy. It is so easy to make and it has lots of veggies in them so it is very healthy. I enjoyed it so much for breakfast with a cup of tea.
The cake is made with sooji, yogurt and veggies. The seasoning which you add gives lots of flavour to the cake. The yogurt added in this cake keeps it incredibly soft and moist.
The cake tasted very similar to our sooji upma. But i loved the sweet and savoury taste of it.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Sooji / Semolina - 1 cup (My 1 cup measures 240 ml)
- Yogurt - ½ cup
- Water - ½ cup
- Carrot - 1 medium size chopped finely
- Beans - 6 chopped finely
- Frozen Peas a handful
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Ginger - 1 tblsp grated
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tblsp
- Oil - 4 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Sesame Seeds - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ¾ tsp
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C / 400 degree F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and grease it with oil.
- Mix all ingredients from sooji to sugar. Let it sit for 5 mins. Add more water if the batter is too thick.
- Make seasoning, heat oil and add mustard, cumin and sesame seeds. Let it sizzle.
- Pour it into the batter and mix well.
- Add in baking soda and mix well.
- Pour it in the prepared pan and bake for 35 to 40 mins. Insert a toothpick to check. If the toothpick comes out clean then the cake is done.
- Remove it from oven and let it cool down for 10mins.
- Remove it from tin and cool it down. Slice and serve.
Line a baking pan with some parchment paper. Grease it lightly with oil. Set that aside till needed.
1)Take sooji or semolina in a bowl
2)Add in some yogurt
3)Add some water
5)Add in beans, carrots
6)Add in frozen peas
7)Add in grated ginger and chopped green chillies
8)Add in salt and turmeric powder
10)Now the mix is too thick
11)Add in some sugar
12)Add little water to make it little smooth
13)Now make seasoning, Heat oil in a pan
14)Add in mustard seeds
15)Add in cumin seeds
16)Add in black sesame seeds
17)Let them sizzle
18)Pour it into the batter
20)Add in some cooking soda / baking soda
23)Spoon the batter in
24)Sprinkle top with some sesame seeds
25)Pop it 200 Degree C preheated oven for 35 to 40 mins.
26)Slice into pieces
I am Aarthi, a happy homemaker, mom of two beautiful girls, married to my high school sweet heart. My goal is to teach people that cooking can be way more easier and joyful than they think. Yummy Tummy features recipes all over the world with step wise pictures which surely shows the ease of cooking.