Homemade Oreo Cookies Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super simple recipe to make oreo cookies at home without any preservatives. It is healthy to make these cookies at home for your kids and you will never find any difference in taste.
After my successful attempt in recreating bourbon biscuits, my next mission was to make oreo cookies which is my daughters absolute favourite. Since i am a baking spree i made it couple days back and guess what. This cookies turned out so much better than bourbon biscuit and it taste so much better than real oreo. My little one loved it so much and finished couple of cookies and a glass of milk.
This cookies turned out very much closer to real oreo in taste, texture and aroma. But i loved the fact that you can make something so popular with the kids right in your kitchen without all those harmful preservatives. What a mother need more than that!
When i shared it on instagram, everyone was asking for the recipe. So here you go. This recipe is very basic and it calls for a handful of ingredients which you already have on hand. But the way which you put together will give you the perfect oreo cookies. And also i found the secret recipe for the filling in the oreo. It is not buttercream instead it is like a dough made using icing sugar and melted “real” butter and a drop of vanilla.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Unsalted Butter - ½ cup
- Icing sugar or Powdered Sugar - 1 cup
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Black Food Colour few drops (optional)
- Cocoa Powder - ⅓ cup
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ¾ cup
- Salt a pinch
- Butter - ⅓ cup melted
- Confectioners Sugar / Icing Sugar - 1 cup or as needed
- Vanillla Extract - ½ tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take butter, powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl and mix till creamy.
- Now add cocoa and mix well.
- Add in black food colour and mix well.
- Add in all purpose flour and salt and knead to a soft dough. If the dough is sticky add more flour.
- Now roll the dough into 2 to 3 cm thickness between two sheets of parchment paper.
- Cut out round cookies.
- Arrange the cookies in the tray and bake for 10 to 11 mins.
- Remove it and cool it down.
- Now make icing, take icing sugar and melted butter in a bowl, add vanilla and knead to a soft dough.
- Take small portion of dough and roll it into a ball.
- Take a cookie and place the ball on the other side and flatten it. Now sandwich with other cookies.
1)Take butter in a bowl.
2)Take powdered sugar in a bowl.
3)Take vanilla in a bowl
4)Add in a pinch of salt.
5)Mix well till creamy.
6)Add in cocoa powder
8)Add few drops of black food colour.
9)Mix till creamy
10)Add in all purpose flour
11)Knead to a soft dough
12)Place the dough in a sheet of parchment paper.
13)Cover with another sheet
14)Roll it out
15)Roll it into 2 to 3 cm thickness
16)Peel off the parchment paper
17)Cut out small cookies using the cutter
18)Now it is cut out
19)Remove the cookies carefully and arrange in the baking pan.
20)Bake in a 180 degree C preheated oven for 10 to 11 mins. Set aside to cool
21)Now lets make the filling. Take butter in a sauce pan
22)Melt it down.
23)Take icing sugar in a bowl
24)Add in melted butter.
27)Knead to a soft dough.
28)Take a small portion.
29)Roll it into a smooth ball.
30)Take a cookie
31)Place the filling and flatten it
32)Sandwich with other cookie