Bourbon Biscuits Recipe - Eggless Real Bourbon Biscuits Recipe with step wise pictures.
A family favourite bourbon biscuits made easily at home without any preservatives & eggs. These taste so delicious and very close to real bourbon biscuits.
I have been having this idea of making bourbon biscuits and oreo biscuits at home for quite a long time. Finally i made bourbon biscuits couple days back and it turned out as expected.
When i shared it on instagram, everyone was asking for the recipe. So here you go. This recipe is very basic and it calls for a handful of ingredients which you already have on hand. But the way which you put together will give you the perfect bourbon cookies.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Bourbon Biscuits Recipe - Eggless Bourbon Biscuits
- Unsalted Butter - ½ cup 110 grams
- Brown Sugar - ¼ cup 50 grams
- Honey - 1 tblsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup 120 grams
- Cocoa Powder - ¼ cup 25 grams
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ½ tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Milk few drops to make dough.
- Sugar - as needed for topping
- Butter - 4 tblsp
- Confectioners Sugar / Icing Sugar - ½ cup
- Cocoa Powder - 1 tblsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 160 degree C.
- Take butter, sugar and honey in a bowl and whisk till creamy.
- Add in flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and mix well.
- Add few drops of milk and knead to a dough.
- Roll it between parchment paper till it is 2 cm thick.
- Cut into strips like bourbon biscuits.
- Arrange in a tray lined with parchment paper. prick with fork, sprinkle sugar all over the cookies on half of the cookies.
- Bake it in the oven for 9 to 12 mins. Remove it and cool it down.
- Now make the filling, take all ingredients in a blender and blend till creamy.
- Take cookies, spread filling on one side, top with other cookie. Put in fridge for few mins.
1)Take butter in a bowl.
2)Add in brown sugar
3)Add in some honey
4)Mix till creamy
5)Add in all purpose flour.
6)Add in cocoa powder
7)Add in some baking soda.
8)Add in salt
9)Mix well till the butter is mixed into the flour.
10)Add in few spoons of milk.
11)Shape it into a dough.
12)Take the dough between two sheets of parchment paper
13)Roll it into 1 cm or 2 cm thickness
14)Peel off the top parchment
15)Slice off the edges to form a large square like.
16)Cut in half
17)cut like bourbon biscuits
18)Remove it carefully and arrange it in baking pan.
19)Arrange it in a parchment lined pan
20)Prick top with fork
21)Sprinkle half of it with sugar
22)Bake in a 160 degree preheated oven for 10 to 12 mins.
23)Now make filling. Take butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder in a blender
25)Make it into a smooth puree
26)Now invert one of the cookies
27)Spread cream all over it.
28)Sandwich with other cookie.
29)Put this in fridge to harden