Spicy Egg Thokku Recipe – Muttai Thokku Recipe with step wise pictures.
Spicy and delicious egg thokku recipe which goes well with rice, pulao or roti. This muttai thokku is too good to resist.
I have already shared so many egg recipes on this blog, this one is a simple dish to make but it taste so yummy. You can enjoy it with plain steamed rice for best taste. But it goes well with roti or pulao too. My favorite way is to enjoy with curd rice.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Hard Boiled Eggs - 4 to 5 cubed
- Oil - 3 to 4 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai -1 stick
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomato - 2 pureed
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and cinnamon and let it sizzle.
- Add onions, chillies and curry leaves. Saute till light translucent.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Add salt and turmeric and mix well.
- Add in tomatoes and mix well. Cook till oil separates.
- Now add spice powders and mix well.
- Add in water and mix well.
- Add eggs and toss well.
- Cover and simmer for 5 mins.
1)Boil few eggs and set aside to cool.
2)Chop it into small pieces and set aside.
3)Heat oil in a pan
4)Add in some fennel seeds and cinnamon
5)Add in chopped onions and green chillies
6)Add in curry leaves
7)Saute them well.
8)Cook the onions till soft
9)Add in ginger garlic paste
10)Saute them till raw smell leaves
11)Add in salt and turmeric powder
13)Add in tomato puree
14)Cook till oil separates from it.
15)Now add in chilli powder
16)Add in garam masala powder.
17)Mix well and cook till thickens
18)Add little water
19)Mix well and cook for few more mins.
20)Add in boiled eggs
23)Mix well and cook for few more mins till oil floats on top.