Easy Egg Dum Biryani Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious egg dum biryani which taste so delicious with raita or salna. You can make this in under 45 mins. Perfect for lunch.
This is a quick dum biryani recipe which i made few days back using eggs. My sissy requested this one night, so i made it. I thought to blog it. This biryani is easy to make and taste so flavourful.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Basmati Rice - 1 cup (Cook as per this link)
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Star Anise -1
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 4 slit
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Curd - ½ cup
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves - ¼ cup chopped finely
- Mint Leaves - ¼ cup chopped finely
- Egg - 4 to 5
- Rose Extract & Kewra Extract few drops
- Cook rice as per this link. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add whole spices.
- Add onions and cook till golden brown. Add chillies and mix well.
- Now add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add in curd and spice powders along with salt and mix well. Cook till oil separates.
- Now add in egg and mix well. Add water and mix well.
- Now layer cooked basmati rice on top, spoon fried onions, coriander leaves, mint leaves, kewra extract, rose extract.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it be on low flame for 10 mins.
- Now fluff up the rice and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pan.
2)Add in whole spices
3)Add in sliced onions
4)Cook till golden brown
5)Add in slit green chillies
6)Saute till raw smell leaves
7)Add in yogurt
8)Add in salt and spice powders
9)MIx well and cook till raw smell leaves
10)Add in egg
12)Add little water
14) Layer cooked rice on top. Check this link for cooking rice recipe.
15)Top with some ghee
16)Add few drops of rose and kewra extract
17)Add coriander leaves or mint leaves if you have. Add fried onions on top. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 10 mins.