Vermicelli Idly Recipe – Semiya Idli Recipe with step wise pictures.
Soft and delicious rava semiya idli which taste so yummy with tomato chutney or coconut chutney. This idli is different from normal idlies and taste heaven.
This combo of sooji and vermicelli taste very unique. Specially kids will love it for sure.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
I served this with this chutney
- Sooji / Rava - 1 cup
- Vermicelli / Semiya - 1 cup
- Yogurt / Curd - 1 cup
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves - ¼ cup chopped finely
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ½ tsp
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal / Uludu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Dry Red Chilli - 2 cut into small pieces
- Take sooji, vermicelli, yogurt, water, salt in a bowl and mix well. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Now heat oil and make seasoning and pour it into the batter.
- Now add in coriander leaves and baking soda and mix well.
- Grease idli plates, spoon batter in and steam for 10 mins.
- Remove and serve with chutney.
1)Take sooji in a bowl.
5)Add salt and mix well
7)Add mustard seeds
8)Add urad dal and cumin seeds
10)Add curry leaves
11)Pour it in
13) Add coriander leaves
14)Add in baking soda
16)Grease idli plates with oil
17)Spoon batter in
18)Place in steamer and cook for 10 mins
19)Remove it and serve
21)Taste great with tomato chutney