Brinjal Pepper Masala Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious brinjal pepper masala which taste so delicious. It is so easy to make and taste great with hot rice.
This is a delicious kathirikai masala which taste great with rice or roti. This is great with biryani too. This masala is super easy to make and has a nice peppery finish to it.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Gingelly Oil - ¼ cup
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Garlic - 10 cloves
- Brinjal - 3 chopped
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 3 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Tamarind - 1 small lime size
- Water as needed
- Pepper Powder - 2 tsp
- Sugar or Jaggery - 1 tsp
- Heat oil and crackle in mustard, curry leaves.
- Add onions, garlic and tomatoes and saute for a min.
- Add brinjal and saute for 2 mins.
- Add in spice powders and mix well.
- Add tamarind water, water, salt and sugar. Simmer for 5 to 6 mins.
- Add pepper powder and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pan. Add mustard and curry leaves
2)Add in asafoetida.
3)Add in onions, garlic and tomatoes
4)Saute for a min.
5)Add in brinjal
6)Add in salt and turmeric powder.
7)Saute for a min.
8)Add chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder
9)Saute for 2 mins. Add in tamarind water.
10)Add in water
11)Bring it to a boil.
12)Add in little sugar or jaggery
13)Add in pepper powder.