Spinach, Potato & Cheese Quiche Recipe with step wise pictures.
This is a super delicious quiche recipe made with potatoes, spinach and cheese. The combination is heavenly and taste fantastic. You can put this in your kids lunch box too.
Quiche is one recipe which i wanted to make for quite sometime. Finally i made it yesterday and shared a picture on instagram and everyone asked for the recipe. So here i am with the recipe.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Savoury Shortcrust Pastry - 1 batch
- Potato - 2 peeled and sliced
- Spinach - 2 cups chopped finely
- Cheese - 1 cup grated
- Butter - 1 tsp
- Eggs - 3
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Milk - ½ cup
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Boil potatoes in salted water till tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add spinach and cook till wilted. Set aside to cool down.
- Take your pie crust. Roll it and line it over the mould. Prick it with fork and bake it in the oven for 15 mins.
- Take eggs, salt, pepper and milk in a bowl and mix well.
- Take the baked pie crust. Line with potatoes, spinach and cheese.
- Pour filling over and pop it back in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 mins
- Remove and cool for 5 mins.
- Unmould and slice and serve.
1)Slice potatoes into slices
2)Cover with water, add salt
3)Boil untill just tender. Drain and set aside.
4)Heat butter in a pan
5)Add chopped spinach
6)Cook till spinach is wilted. Set aside to cool.
7)Take your tart mould
8)Take your savoury pie crust
9)Roll it out
10)Place it over the mould
11)Remove the excess
12)Prick all over with fork. Put this in a 200 degree C preheated oven and bake for 15 mins.
13)Meanwhile make the filling. Take eggs in a bowl
14)Add salt and pepper
15)Add milk. You can use half milk and half cream
17)Take your pie from the oven
18)Layer boiled potatoes
19)Top with spinach
20)Top with grated cheese
22)Bake till done