Last Updated on October 6, 2021
Super yummy halwa made using palm jaggery and rice flour. This version is a instant version of karuppati halwa.
I wanted to make this halwa for a very long time. I made it few weeks back, the version which i made is a instant version using rice flour. I will share another version which is made using wheat milk. Will share that soon.
This version is very easy and simple, you need palm sugar, coconut milk and rice flour.
How To Make Palm Jaggery Halwa?
This halwa was rich and it was pretty easy to make as well. All you need is follow few steps and you will get perfect halwa each time.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Instant Karupatti Halwa Recipe
- Palm Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - ½ cup
- Coconut Milk - 3 cups
- Rice Flour - ¼ cup
- Ghee - ½ cup or as needed
- Cashews as needed
- Kishmish as needed
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Take palm jaggery and water in a sauce pan and ,melt gently. Strain it and set aside.
- Take rice flour in a bowl, add coconut milk and mix well. Set aside.
- Take the melted jaggery syrup in a pan. Bring it to a boil.
- Add rice flour mix and mix well. Keep cooking and mixing till everything starts to thicken.
- Keep mixing till it gets little more thick.
- Add ghee little by little and keep mixing.
- At a point the mix will get really thick and the coconut oil from the coconut milk will start to leave.
- Heat little ghee in a pan, add cashews and kishmish and fry till golden. Add this to the halwa and mix well.
- At one point the oil will come out completely.
- Now pour this in a greased pan and let it set for 2 to 3 hours.
- Slice and serve
Palm Jaggery Halwa Making with Pictures
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Take rice flour in a bowl
3)Add in 3 cups of coconut milk
4)Mix well and set aside.
5)Grease a pan with ghee and set aside
6)Take palm jaggery syrup in a pan. I took 1 cup palm jaggery(karupatti) in a sauce pan, added ½ cup water and melted it down. And i strained it. This is palm jaggery syrup
7)Bring it to a boil
8)Add in rice flour and coconut milk mix in
10)Keep cooking till it thickens
11)Now it has got thick
12)Keep cooking on medium flame
13)Add in little ghee to start with
15)Keep cooking till it gets darker in colour
16)Add more ghee as needed
18)In some ghee, fry cashews and kishmish
19)Fry till golden
20)Add it into the halwa
21)Add cardamom powder
23)You can see the coconut oil has started to come out
24)Keep mixing till the mix starts to leave the sides and add the coconut oil has started to come out
25)Now it is almost done
26)Spoon it into the pan
27)Once cooled, cut into cubes