Gujarati Dal Recipe – Gujarati Tuvar Dal Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super yummy tuvar dal recipe which is made gujarati style and is little sour and sweet. Not only it taste delicious it is so easy to make. You can enjoy this with some plain rice or roti.
This dal is one of my favorite. I love having it with plain white rice or roti. This dal is so delicious, it has a spicy flavour. The seasoning has to be done in ghee which gives pure aroma and taste to it. You can enjoy this dal as it is too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Toor Dal / Tuvaram Paruppu - ½ cup
- Water - 1.5 cup
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 3 tblsp chopped finely
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Ghee - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - ½ tsp
- Peanuts - 1 tblsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi - a pinch
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Take dal, water, turmeric powder in a pressure cooker and cook for 3 to 4 whistle. Set aside and mash the dal roughly.
- Now heat ghee in a pan, add mustard, cumin and let them sizzle. Add peanuts and fry for a min.
- Add in asafoetida, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add in tomatoes, chillies and saute till tomatoes gets soft.
- Add in dal, salt, sugar and mix well.
- Add in coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix well.
1)Take washed toor dal in a pressure cooker.
3)Add turmeric powder
4)Pressure cook till done and mash it well and set aside.
5)Heat ghee in a pan
6)Add mustard and cumin
7)Add in peanuts
9)Add in curry leaves and dry red chillies
10)Stir for 1 min.
11)Add tomatoes and green chillies
12)Stir till tomatoes are softened.
13)Add cooked dal
14)Add in sugar
15)Add in salt
18)Add lemon juice
19)Add in coriander leaves