Punjabi Aloo Paneer Curry or Masala is another name for this dish. Heavy cream, also known as malai, is used to make this paneer gravy creamy and rich, just like many other paneer gravy dishes.
About Aloo Paneer Curry
Shallow fried paneer and potato cubes are cooked in a medium spicy, delicious, and somewhat cream onion tomato sauce in Aloo Paneer curry. Punjabi Aloo Paneer Curry or Masala is another name for this dish. Heavy cream, also known as malai, is used to make this paneer gravy creamy and rich, just like many other paneer gravy dishes.
Ingredients for Aloo paneer Curry
The potato has a medium starch texture, is slightly creamy and dense, and has a delicate skin. White potatoes have a mildly sweet flavour and are low in sugar.
Poppy Seeds / Khus Khus / Kasa Kasa :
Poppy seeds, even when plain, have a mild flavour, which is why they're so popular as a garnish.
Coriander Powder : Coriander has a flowery flavour similar to cardamom. It has a citrus and curry flavour that is light and sweet. The roasted, nutty scents of the seeds come to the fore when ground, albeit at the sacrifice of all that beautiful citrus.
You can serve aloo paneer with chapatis or paratha or pudina paratha and even cumin rice or peas pulao.
Aloo Paneer Curry with Step by Step Pictures
|Take tomatoes in a pan|
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Aloo Paneer Curry Recipe
- Oil - 2 tblspn
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder / Malli Podi - 1 tblspn
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - 1 tsp
- Tomatoes - 3 large chopped
- Poppy Seeds / Khus Khus / Kasa Kasa - 1.5 tblspn
- Potatoes - 2 medium size peeled and chopped
- Paneer - 200 grams
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Water as needed
- Garam Masala Powder - 1.5 tsp
- Coriander Leaves a handful finely chopped
- Take tomatoes, poppy seeds in a kadai. Cover with water. Cover and cook for 10 to 15 mins till tomatoes are done. Remove from heat and add it to blender. Puree smoothly, set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in cumin seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions and cook till golden.
- Add in chilli, coriander and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add in potatoes and toss well. Cover with water and simmer the pan covered for 15 mins till potatoes are cooked.
- Now add in tomato puree and mix well. Add more water and bring it to a boil, add some sugar and mix well.
- Add in paneer and mix well. Simmer till oil separates,
- Now sprinkle garam masala powder and coriander leaves. Mix once.