Paneer masala dosa with step by step pictures. Crispy dosa stuffed with a paneer masala and served. Creamy paneer masala filling stuffed inside dosa.
I was totally busy yesterday..We went for shopping for my wedding on my birthday (yes it was my birthday). We started our trip at 7 in the morning and returned back home at 12 in the night..A whole day of shopping..We bought all sorts of sarees, salwars and stuffs like that..We had lots of fun and it was a amazing day..I will write more about my wedding shopping in my other blog..Now coming to this dosa recipe..This one is inspired from the dosa which we used to get in a hotel called gowri shankar..It is a pretty famous shop here..They serve this amazing dosa..Walking across that shop makes us to get in.. One day i did that too..I bought a parcel of this dosa to my house and it was so good..I thought to recreate this dish and i did it..
About this Recipe
Masala dosa is a variation of the popular South Indian dosa, which originated in Karnatakas Tuluva Udupi cuisine. Its made with rice, lentils, potatoes, fenugreek, ghee, and curry leaves and comes with chutneys and sambar. It is popular in South India, but it is also available in the rest of the country and abroad. The preparation of
masala dosa varies from city to city in South India.
Paneer, also known as ponir or Indian cottage cheese, is a fresh acid- set cheese made from cow or buffalo milk that is popular in the Indian subcontinent (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka). It is a soft, non-melting cheese made by curdling milk with a fruit or vegetable-derived acid, such as lemon
juice. Chena is the acid-set form (curd) before pressing.
Ingredients for Paneer Masala Dosa :
Paneer has a mild, milky flavour and a dense crumbly texture that complements the strong spicy flavours found in many traditional Indian dishes. Because it does not melt like other cheeses, chunks of it can be stirred into soups or curries and stay whole.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Paneer Masala Dosa Recipe
- Dosa Batter
- Oil for pan frying
- For Paneer Masala:
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese - 1 packet
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Tomatoes - 3 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblpsn
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder / Malli podi - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Tandoori Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Cashew - 10
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tblspn
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Cubed the paneer pieces into small pieces and soak them in hot water till use.
- Start by making the masala. Heat 1 tblspn oil in a kadai. Add Cashews and fry till they turn golden.
- Add in onions and saute for 3 mins till they turn light golden. Now add in ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Add in tomatoes and mix well. Cook for 5 mins till everything turns mushy. Switch off the flame and let it cool down.
- Now take this masala in a blender along with the cashews and make into a puree.
- Now heat 1 tblspn of oil in a kadai and add in cumin and fennel seeds. Let it splatter.
- Now add in the ground masala along with all the spice powder and mix well. Add in salt and enough water(around half cup) and mix well.
- Add in the paneer pieces and mix well..Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 5 mins till the masala turns little thick but not so dry. Add coriander leaves and set aside.
- Now lets make the dosa. Heat a tawa and add a ladleful of batter in it and spread it thinly. Drizzle some oil around the sides and using a flat spoon spread it over he dosa so the top layer forms a very smooth layer. Wait till the bottom to crisp up. When it started to turn golden spoon some masala in the center and fold in half.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot.
Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|
|Soak ur paneer pieces in hot water till use|
|First fry your cashew nuts|
|and remove them to a plate|
|add onions and fry them|
|add some ginger and garlic paste|
|fry till light golden|
|add in tomatoes|
|and cook till they turn mushy|
|add it to the blender along with cashews|
|puree it up|
|now heat some oil and add fennel seeds|
|add the ground masala|
|add in all spice powders|
|and mix well|
|cook till oil separates|
|add some water|
|and paneer cubes(drained)|
|cover and simmer|
|till oil separates|
|Now make dosa|
|drizzle oil and smoothen the top|
|spoon some masala|
|Fold and serve|