Aval Laddu Recipe with step by step pictures. Poha ladoo or Aval ladoo is made using poha, jaggery or sugar and cardamom powder. Touch of ghee is added to give the aroma it needed. This is the most popular recipe for krishna jayanthi.
Poha & Butter is one of the staple food to present lord krishna on krishna jayanthi. Krishna loves his poha and butter, you can make anything out of them to serve him. Amma always make aval urundai and aval varatiyathu for krishna jayanthi every year. I was surprised that i didn't post these basic recipe in my blog till now. Thank god one of my viewer requested this recipe, so that i could make, click and post here.
Krishna jayanti and Vinayagar chaturthi is around the corner. So i should start posting recipes for that special occasions. I have quite a few recipes in my blog, but it is missing the essential recipe like thattai, seedai, purna kolukatai..I have quite a few recipes stocked up for vinayagar chaturthi, but still have to make for krishna jayanti. Will try to make them..
Now this recipe is so simple to make, this is my mum's version. It requires just grinding few stuffs together and shaping them into balls. But Some people soak the poha and then grind it up. I will post that version soon. But this is fast, fresh and simple to make. So try this out and let me know how it turned out.
Aval Laddu Recipe (using jaggery)
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Makes - 7 to 8 balls
Ingredients for Making Aval Laddu
- Aval / Poha / Flattened Rice flakes - 1 cup
- Jaggery / Sarkarai / Vellam - 4 tblspn or to taste
- Coconut - 3 tblspn grated or cut into pieces
- Cardamom powder - ½ tsp
How to Make Aval Laddu
Take everything in a blender and make into a coarse mixture.
Transfer this to the bowl and form balls.
Serve for lord krishna and enjoy.
|Take all your ingredients|
Aval Laddu Recipe (with Sugar)
Sometimes i feel kind of bad about myself, because i always end up in the last minute rushing with my post. This time also it ended up like this. I felt bad that i posted only one new recipe, my uppu seedai for this krishna jayanthy, so i decided to try out few more recipes to share here. First recipe which i made is this aval ladoos, i already have a version of my mom's aval ladoos but this is completely different from those.
So today morning i decided to make some snacks for tomorrow. And thankfully i had all the ingredients on hand. So i made these ladoos and a spicy crispy rava murukku, which will be my next post.
These ladoos turned out quite good, even though i didn't taste them because i have to offer this for lord krishna tomorrow so will taste them tomorrow morning. So give this a try and let me know how it turned out for you.
Aval Laddu Recipe | Poha Laddo Recipe | Aval Urundai Recipe
- 2 cups Poha
- 1 cup Roasted Gram Dal (pottu kadalai)
- 1½ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Ghee
- 10 Cashews broken into small piece
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Heat a tsp of ghee in a pan, Add in poha and roast for 3 mins till it turns golden, remove them to a blender and make it into a fine powder. Take them in a bowl.
- Now in the same blender, add roasted gram dal, sugar, cardamom pods and blend it to a fine powder. Add this to the poha powder and mix well.
- Heat ghee in the same pan and add in cashews, roast it till golden, pour this ghee over the poha mix and give a mix using your hands.
- Now sprinkle some milk and mix well. Take small portion and shape it into ladoos. If you find it difficult to make ladoos add some more milk.
|Take all your ingredients|
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.