Simple and delicious rava ladoo recipe made using sooji can be made under 10 mins. Perfect and simple rava laddu sweet for this diwali.
Rava Laddu Recipe
Hope everyone is getting ready for diwali in full spirit. For us this diwali is so special because of MAHA. Its her first diwali, we call it as "Thala Diwali". But I am tensed now, because I don't know how she will react for all those crackers and sounds. Till now she is not showing much reactions. But I don't know what will happen tomorrow. Hope she stays calm.
About Rava Laddu Recipe
Today I made 3 ladoos, Rava ladoo, Coconut Ladoo and Sugarfree Dates Nuts Ladoo. Since one of my viewer asked for rava ladoo recipe, i am posting this now..If any of you need any other ladoo recipe to be posted today, leave a comment i will post them by evening.
This ladoo was on my diwali list for so many days. And i also got a request from my viewer to post this recipe before diwali. I finally made it today and it was delicious. So with no more delay off you go to the recipe.
You will love these ladoo recipes,
How to Make Rava Laddu Recipe
- Roast sooji in ghee
- Take sooji in a blender and powder.
- Powder sugar with cardamom and cloves.
- Mix everything in a bowl.
- Fry some nuts and dried fruits in ghee and add to the sooji.
- Slowly add milk and make ladoos.
Rava Laddu Recipe | Rava Ladoo Recipe | Sooji Laddu Recipe
- 1 cup rava
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 piece cardamom
- 2 piece cloves
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 2 tbsp kishmish
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 4 tbsp milk
- Start by roasting sooji in a dry pan on low flame till nice aroma comes from it..It will take about 4 to 5 mins. Transfer that to a plate to cool down. Now take that in a blender and powder it.
- Take sugar in the same blender and powder them finely.
- Take powdered sugar and sooji in a bowl. Add in cardamom and clove powder. Mix well.
- Now heat ghee in a small pan. Fry cashews and raisans till golden brown. Add this to the mixture. Mix well with your hands.
- Now sprinkle small amount of milk over the mixture and keep mixing. The mixture will become little wet and crumbling. Dont add too much milk all at once. Add a tblspn at a time.
- Once it reaches that stage. Take a small amount, press to form ladoos.
- Store these ladoos in a air tight container upto 1 week.
- Powder the sooji well. Dont need to powder it too finely, little coarse is good too.
- Dont add too much milk all at once. Add a tblspn at a time. If you add too much then the sugar will melt and the mixture will become liquidy.
- Store this ladoo in a air tight container upto a week.
Rava Laddu Recipe step by step pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Fry sooji till nice aroma comes from it|
|Take that in a blender and powder it|
|Powder it finely|
|Take that in a bowl|
|Now take sugar in the same blender|
|Powder them too|
|Add that to the same bowl|
|Add cardamom and cloves powder and Mix them well|
|Add in cashews and raisins|
|Fry till golden|
|Add that to the mix|
|Mix well with your hands|
|Mix well again|
|A close look|
|Take a handful|
|Press to form balls|
Rava Ladoo Recipe - Easy Version
This version of rava ladoo is made using sooji, condensed milk. This is easy to make and taste absolutely delicious.
Rava ladoo is pretty easy to make, but i am sure it will take at least 30 mins to make. But this ladoo takes only 4 mins from start to finish. This ladoo taste completely different because it is made from condensed milk. So it has a rich milk taste to it..And it is so easy to make, to satisfy your urgent sugar craving..
Make sure you check my other ladoo recipes as well. This ladoo can be made for parties and any festivals..So try this out and let me know how it turns out for you..
Microwave is such a gift, it can make any complicated sweets to a simple one..Check out my 5 min microwave mysorepak, 10 mins paal kova, 15 mins cornflour halwa.
Preparation Time : 1 min
Cooking Time : 3.5 mins
Makes: 8 ladoos
Ingredients for Easy Rava Ladoo Recipe
- Rava / Sooji - ½ cup (Powder sooji, if you want smooth ladoo)
- Condensed Milk - ⅓ cup or to taste
- Ghee - 2 tblspn
- Cashews - 5 broken
- Kishmish - 10
- Tutti Fruity - 1 tblspn
- Milk - 1 tblspn
How to Make Easy Rava Ladoo Recipe
- Take a microwave safe bowl, add in ghee, add in cashews and raisans. Mix well and pop it in microwave and cook for 30 sec. Remove it and drain the nuts in a bowl.
- Now in the remaining ghee add in sooji and mix well. Pop it in microwave and cook for 1 min. Remove it and stir.
- Pop it in microwave and cook again for 1 mins. Remove it and stir.
- Add in condensed milk and milk. Mix well.
- Pop it in microwave and cook for 1 mins.
- Now it will be all ready. Add in tutti fruity and fried nuts.
- Mix well.
- Take small portion and shape into balls.
- Let it cool down, then Serve.
|Take all your ingredients|
Tips & Tricks
- You can increase the condensed milk level as per your taste. ⅓ cup gives a little less sweet taste. Don't go over ½ cup.
- I didn't powder the rava so i got a little coarse textured ladoo. You can powder it if you want a smooth one.
- My microwave has the highest power settings of 800 watts.
- Always keep an eye when roasting sooji, it may get burned sometime.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
luv these ladoos...so tempting...
Great tutorial! Happy Diwali, my friend! Win Flenco Christmas Hampers Worth More Than $1,000!
Thanx.was requiring this recipie for long.will ltry out and convey the inference.
Thanx.will try and convey the infetence.
Thanks for posting this recipe ipe Arti... My hubby's fav!
And I love your blog Maha - my life... It's quite informative ... Now I m feeding my lil Krishna diff varieties... And he totally loves it! It's his first Diwali and I m too lil tensed abt the cracker noise n pollution... Pls post recipe for Diwali Marundu... Happy Diwali to you n your family... Spl wishes to Maha!
My all time fav....Thanks for sharing this recipe....May God bless you
How many days can we store the ladoos?
@AnonymousIt will store good for 3 to 4 days
thsnk so much for sharing this recipe .
When to add the spice powders
Thanks a lot for shearing the known facts. Education calls for the duty of the population an informed culture cannot produce the ridged and incorrect youngsters. best ice maker
Hi aarthi... I tried this.. But it came out very hard aftr 20 mins... Plz help me
Thank you Aarthi it came out so well , All ur recipes are really too good...
Any replacement for ghee Arti?
I tried this ladoos and it tasted yummy.
Thank you Aarthi.
The pictures r so good that I made it immediately.happy it came out well too. Thank u for the recipe
Great! thank you so much for sharing.
Any replacement for ghee Arti?
Use melted butter