Simple and delicious rava ladoo recipe made using sooji can be made under 10 mins. Perfect sweet for this diwali.
Hope everyone is getting ready for diwali in full spirit. For us this diwali is so special because of MAHA. Its her first diwali, we call it as "Thala Diwali". But I am tensed now, because I don't know how she will react for all those crackers and sounds. Till now she is not showing much reactions. But I don't know what will happen tomorrow. Hope she stays calm.
Today i made 3 ladoos, Rava ladoo, Coconut Ladoo and Sugarfree Dates Nuts Ladoo. Since one of my viewer asked for rava ladoo recipe, i am posting this now..If any of you need any other ladoo recipe to be posted today, leave a comment i will post them by evening.
You will love these ladoo recipes,
This ladoo was on my diwali list for so many days. And i also got a
request from my viewer to post this recipe before diwali. I finally made
it today and it was delicious. So with no more delay off you go to the recipe.
How to Make Rava Ladoo
- Roast sooji in ghee
- Take sooji in a blender and powder.
- Powder sugar with cardamom and cloves.
- Mix everything in a bowl.
- Fry some nuts and dried fruits in ghee and add to the sooji.
- Slowly add milk and make ladoos.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Rava Ladoo Recipe
- 1 cup rava
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 piece cardamom
- 2 piece cloves
- 2 tbsp cashews
- 2 tbsp kishmish
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 4 tbsp milk
- Start by roasting sooji in a dry pan on low flame till nice aroma comes from it..It will take about 4 to 5 mins. Transfer that to a plate to cool down. Now take that in a blender and powder it.
- Take sugar in the same blender and powder them finely.
- Take powdered sugar and sooji in a bowl. Add in cardamom and clove powder. Mix well.
- Now heat ghee in a small pan. Fry cashews and raisans till golden brown. Add this to the mixture. Mix well with your hands.
- Now sprinkle small amount of milk over the mixture and keep mixing. The mixture will become little wet and crumbling. Dont add too much milk all at once. Add a tblspn at a time.
- Once it reaches that stage. Take a small amount, press to form ladoos.
- Store these ladoos in a air tight container upto 1 week.
- Powder the sooji well. Dont need to powder it too finely, little coarse is good too.
- Dont add too much milk all at once. Add a tblspn at a time. If you add too much then the sugar will melt and the mixture will become liquidy.
- Store this ladoo in a air tight container upto a week.
Rava ladoo step by step pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Fry sooji till nice aroma comes from it|
|Take that in a blender and powder it|
|Powder it finely|
|Take that in a bowl|
|Now take sugar in the same blender|
|Powder them too|
|Add that to the same bowl|
|Add cardamom and cloves powder and Mix them well|
|Add in cashews and raisans|
|Fry till golden|
|Add that to the mix|
|Mix well with your hands|
|Mix well again|
|A close look|
|Take a handful|
|Press to form balls|