If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 ½ cup
- Soft Unsalted Butter - ¼ cup
- Oil - 2 tblspn
- Thick Unsour Curd / Yogurt - 2 tblspn
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ½ tsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Water as needed
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Pistachio for sprinkling on top
- For Sugar Syrup:
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Take butter, oil, sugar, curd, baking soda in a bowl and mix well. Once it is mixed, add in flour and mix well, to it resembles bread crumbs..Now add in water little by little and mix well to a soft dough. Allow this dough to rest for 15 mins while you make the sugar syrup.
- Take sugar and water in a pan and mix well. Put it on heat and bring it to boil. Cook till it reaches one string consistency. If you take some syrup between your thumb and fore finger and strech it a string should form. This is the stage..Now add in cardamom powder and keep the syrup warm. Dont boil too much.
- Now take the dough and divide it into small balls. Take a ball, flatten it and make a hole in the center. Make all the dough like this.
- Now heat oil for deep frying. The oil should never smoke..First test the oil, drop a small dough into the oil, first it should sink , then rises immediately. This is the right consistency. Drop 4 to 5 badusha at a time and immediately decrease the heat to the lowest as possible and cook for 7 to 10 mins till is light golden coloured and cooked..Dont increase the flame.It should be always on low.
- Now drain it and add it to the syrup Let it soak for 2 mins. Drain it and set aside
- Take some chopped pista and sprinkle over the badusha..
- Leave the basusha for 2 hours them enjoy..
2)Dont add too much oil or butter, if you add too much of them, then your badusha will crumble when you drop them in oil.
3)Dont knead the dough so much, just knead it till it gets little soft and leave it aside.
4)The dough should be soft but very easy to work with..It shouldn't be sticky.
5)Resting the dough is important.
6)Dont let the oil smoke at any point. Frying badusha can take some time, so be patient and fry on a low heat till it is nicely coloured.
7)You can store the badusha at room temp in a air tight container for 2 to 3 days. Refrigerate it for more shelf life.