Last Updated on September 16, 2021
Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe Step by Step | How to make gajar ka halwa using carrots.
About Gajar Ka Halwa
Gajar ka halwa made using carrots cooked in ghee and simmered in milk and cooked till halwa consistency. Indian carrot pudding made with freshly grated carrots. Halwa taste amazing with a scoop of icecream.
Leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Gajar Halwa (Carrot Halwa)
- 3 large Carrot grated
- ½ litre Full Fat Milk
- ½ cup Ghee
- 3 tbsp Cashews
- ½ cup Sugar or to taste
- 4 piece Cardamom pods
- 1 pinch Saffron
- Heat half of the ghee in a kadai. Fry some badam pieces in this till golden and remove it..
- Now Add in grated carrot and fry for 5 mins.
- Pour in milk and bring that to boil.
- Simmer the flame and cover it with a lid. Let this cook for 20-30 mins until the carrot is cooked through and milk is evaporated.
- Now add in sugar and mix well. Throw in the cardamom too.
- Now add in a pinch of saffron yellow colour and mix well.
- Let this cook until the halwa gets thickened. It will take around 10-15 mins.
- Now add in remaining ghee and mix well.
- Add in the nuts and mix well. Cook this until the halwa leaves the sides of the pan.
- Switch off the flame and serve hot.
|Take all your ingredients.|
|grate your carrot using fine grater|
|heat some ghee in a kadai|
|add in badam|
|fry till golden|
|remove and set aside|
|add in carrots|
|fry for few minutes|
|pour in milk|
|and bring that to boil|
|cover and simmer|
|untill the carrot is cooked|
|add in sugar|
|and crushed cardamom|
|add a pinch of food colouring|
|and mix well|
|let it cook till it gets thick|
|add more ghee|
|and fried nuts|
|cook untill it leaves the sides of the pan