Last Updated on November 20, 2020
"Bar Nuts with Step by Step Pictures. Mixed toasted nuts flavoured with rosemary and cayenne makes a perfect snack."
Bar Nuts is a mixture of nuts which is toasted to perfection and tossed with a flavoured butter.
If you looking for a snack then you can definitely go for this. It is simple and tasty snack which can be made in just few minutes.
This recipe is inspired from Nigella Lawson's Bar Nuts.
What all nuts can i use in Bar Nuts Recipe
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Macadamia Nuts
Variations you can make:
- Add any herbs as you like
- Instead of butter you can use olive oil or coconut oil
- Add brown sugar or dark mascavado sugar.
- you can add any spice powders as you like
- Add in cumin powder for more flavour.
- You can add crushed pepper for more nuttyness.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
You will love my farsi puri
- Mixed Nuts - 2 cups I used Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts, Brazilnuts, Hazelnuts, Pumpkin Seeds
- Butter - 3 tblsp
- Chilli Powder or Cayenne powder - 1 tsp
- Caster Sugar or Brown Sugar - 3 to 4 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Dried Rosemary - 2 tsp
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Take nuts in a baking tray. Pop it in oven and bake for 10 to 12 mins.
- Remove and set aside.
- Take butter in a bowl and melt in microwave for few seconds.
- Now add all ingredients except sugar. Mix well.
- Add nuts in and toss well.
- Add in sugar and toss well.
- Cool completely and store in a air tight container.
1)Take nuts in a baking sheet.
2)Pop it into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 mins.
3)Remove and set aside.
4)take butter in a bowl.
5)Melt it down.
6)Add in chilli powder
7)Add in rosemary
9)Add in salt.
11)Add in toasted nuts.
12)Add all in
13)Add in castor sugar.