"Chicken Pastry made using spongy bread topped with spicy chicken filling. Cheesy chicken pastry taste amazing."
Chicken Pastry recipe is made using spicy chicken filling and topped with cheese. The bread is super soft and taste spicy and hot.
This is a fluffy soft bread recipe which has spicy chicken filling and makes a great snack for kids.
Can i make bread and buns without oven?
Yes you can. check my recipe for "How to make buns without oven"
Frequently Asked Questions.
Why are my dinner rolls hard?
Here are some of the reasons rolls can come out hard and flat. if your yeast is not activated, then dough wont rise and the bread will be hard. Over baking can make your rolls hard. Also not letting the dough rise enough also makes it hard.
Why are dinner rolls called rolls?
A bread roll is a piece of bread, usually small and round and is usually a side dish. ... These were named depending on how the dough was made and how the roll was cooked.
Can you over knead dough?
If you think you've over-kneaded the dough, try letting it rise a little longer before shaping it.
What happens if I don't knead my dough enough?
If you don't knead your dough enough by hand or if you don't allow it enough time in your mixer, the dough will lack strength. Once baked, an under-kneaded bread loaf will be flat and dense in texture
Why is my bread so heavy and dense?
you did not knead it or leave it to prove for long enough or you could have killed the yeast by leaving the dough to rise in a place that was too hot.
Can you let bread rise too long?
Letting the dough rise for too long makes the structure of the bread weak, so it can't support itself.
What can I eat with dinner rolls?
You can serve it with just soups. You can even serve it with sabzi, kheema, bhurji, omelette or any curries to soak the rolls in.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Chicken Pastry Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 3 cups
- Dry Yeast - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil - 3 tblsp
FOR CHICKEN FILLING:
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Capsicum - ½ sliced
- Tomato - 1 chopped finely
- Chicken - 1 cup chopped finely
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Meat masala - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Tomato ketchup - 3 tblsp
- Mozzarella.Cheese as needed grated.
- Take warm water, sugar and dry yeast in a bowl, set aside for 5 mins.
- Take flour, salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Add in yeast water and use a dough kneader to knead it for 5 mins or so.
- Add olive oil and mix well. Set aside to rise for 2 hours till double in size.
- Now make filling. Heat oil in a pan.
- Add in onions and peppers. Saute for 2 mins.
- Add in tomatoes and mix well.
- Add in spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Add in chicken and mix well. Cook till chicken is done.
- Add in ketchup and mix well.
- Now the filling is done,.
- Now preheat oven to 200 degree c for 10 mins.
- Take the dough, punch out the air. Take small amount from it.
- Flatten it and make a dent in the middle using a bowl.
- Now place filling and top with some cheese.
- Bake this in a preheated oven for 10 to 12 mins.
- Remove and serve.
Chicken Pastry with Step by Step Pictures
1)Take warm water in a bowl
2)Add in little sugar
3)Add in dry yeast. leave aside to activate.
4)Add salt to flour.
6)Add the yeast mix in
8)Place the dough hook in and knead it well.
9)Keep kneading for atleast 5 to 10 mins.
10)Add little olive oil and mix well
11)Set aside for 1 to 2 hours till it doubles in size.
12)Cover and set aside.
13)Heat oil in a pan
14)Add in sliced onions and capsicum.
15)Add in tomatoes
16)Saute till cooked and mushy.
17)Add in chicken
19)Add in spice powders
21)Add in little ketchup
22)Mix well. Filling is done.
23)Set aside to cool.
24)Now take the dough and punch out the air.
25)Remove the dough from the bowl.
26)Divide into equal balls.
27)take a bowl and dust with flour.
28)Press the bowl on the dough to make a dent
30)Spoon some filling in
31)Top with cheese
32)Bake till golden