Cabbage Thoran Recipe with step by step pictures. This recipe is one of the side dishes for Kerala Onam Sadya which is simple and healthy that goes well with rice.
Thorans are easy to throw together, because everything calls for the same spices which are ground with coconut and stir fried. You can make thoran with beetroots, carrots, cucumber and many more. I love this because they are so easy to make in the
morning, this one takes less than 15 mins to make. And the taste is so fresh and clean.
Ingredients for Cabbage Thoran Recipe
- Cabbage - 3 cups chopped very finely
- Salt to taste
- Coconut - ½ cup
- Dry Red Chilli -2
- Green Chilli - 2
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - 1 tsp
- Shallots - 5
- Coconut Oil- 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 spring
📖 Recipe Card
Cabbage Thoran | Cabbage Thoran Recipe
- 3 cups Cabbage chopped very finely
- Salt to taste
- To Grind:
- ½ cup Coconut
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
- 2 Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi
- 5 Shallots
- For Tempering:
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds / Kaduku
- 1 tsp Urad dal
- 1 spring Curry leaves
- Grind the ingredients given in the masal list to a coarse paste and set aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in mustard seeds, urad dal, curry leaves and mix well.
- Now add in the cabbage and toss well in the oil.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Now add in the ground masala and mix well.Cover the pan with a tight fitting lid and cook for 10-15 mins till done.
- Serve with rice and any gravy.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Cabbage Thoran Recipe Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|