Cabbage vada is a crispy doughnut shaped fritters made with cabbage, onions. These vada taste amazing with chutney and sambar. Perfect pair with your cup of coffee or tea.
Cabbage Vada Recipe - Muttaikose Vadai Recipe with step wise pictures.
About Cabbage Vada
Cabbage Vada Recipe. These crispy and soft cabbage vada are so tasty. These make great iftar snack or delicious crispy snack for evening tea.
Vadai is my favorite evening snacks. These medu vadai is so crispy on the outside but wicked fluffy in the center. Dipping this in chutney and sambar is heavenly. I love it with hot idli, sambar and chutney.We make this combo often mainly during weekends. This vada is little different. Instead of adding onions it has cabbage and it taste so yummy.
Check out these two popular vada recipes.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Cabbage Vada Recipe
- Urad dal - 1.5 cup
- Cabbage - 2 cups chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Ginger - 2 tsp chopped finely
- Curry leaves a handful
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak urad dal for 2 hours. Drain and take it in a blender.
- Add little water and grind to a thick and smooth paste.
- Now add very little water, like 2 tblsp of water and grind well. Use a spatula to mix the batter well. Keep grinding till the batter fluffs up nicely. Dont add too much water.
- Now take it in a bowl, add all ingredients and mix well.
- Dip your hands in water, take small batter and make a hole in the center. Drop in hot oil.
- Fry till golden on both sides.
- Drain and serve.
1)Soak urad dal in water for 2 hours.
3)Take them in a blender
4)Puree them,dont add any water
5)Now add very little water, like 2 tblsp of water and grind well. Use a spatula to mix the batter well. Keep grinding till the batter fluffs up nicely. Dont add too much water
6)Now it is all fluffy
7)The batter will be thick and light
8)Take it in a bowl
10)Add chopped cabbage, green chillies, ginger and curry leaves
12)Now dip your hands in water
13)Take a small amount of batter
14)Make a hole in the center
15)Drop in hot oil. Since your fingers are wet the batter wont stick.
16)Fry on hot oil till golden on both sides
17)Keep flipping. Fry till crispy
18)Now it is fried