Chicken Rasam Recipe – Kozhi Rasam (Soup) Recipe with Step wise pictures.
This recipe is very comforting one. Perfect as a soup or as a rasam when served with rice.
The masala in this rasam is very delicious and is actually very good for you. If you have cold or fever this recipe is perfect for recovering. This is my hubby’s favourite dish.
Sweet Corn Chowder
Sweet Corn Chicken Soup
Dal Veg Soup
Mushroom Cream Soup
Veg Clear Soup
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Natthu Kozhi or Regular Chicken with Bones - 250 grams
- Small Onions / Shallots - 10
- Garlic - 6 cloves
- Ginger - 1 small piece
- Pepper - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Tomato - 2 chopped
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Oil - 1 tblsp
- Curry leaves a handful
- Take small onion, pepper, cumin, and all spice powders except tomato in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Heat oil or ghee in a pressure cooker, add curry leaves and let it sizzle.
- Add the ground masala and saute for 5 mins. Add in chopped tomatoes and mix wel.
- Add in chicken and salt. Add water and cover the cooker.Pressure cook for 3 to 5 whistle.
- Let the steam escape all by itself.
- Add more water as needed. Boil it.
- Top with coriander leaves and Serve.
1)Lets make masala, take peeled shallots / small onion in a blender.
2)Add black pepper and cumin seeds.
3)Add in coriander powder and chilli powder.
4)Add in turmeric powder
5)Add in ginger garlic paste. You can use whole ginger and garlic as well.
6)Puree till smooth.
7)Heat coconut oil or ghee in a pressure cooker.
8)Add in curry leaves
9)Add the pureed masala
10)Saute for few mins.
11)Add in tomatoes
12)Mix well. Add in chicken pieces
13)Add in water
14)Add in salt
15)Cover and pressure cook. Once cooked, add more water if needed, bring it to a boil.
16)Add coriander leaves