Crispy chicken fingers with step by step pictures. Toddler and kids friendly chicken fingers which taste delicious and crispy.
Chicken fingers is my all time favourite. I used to order it often. It is so easy to make at home as well. The coating is crispy and little spicy.
About Chicken Fingers Recipe
Chicken fingers, also known as chicken goujons, chicken strips or chicken fillets, are chicken meat prepared from the pectoralis minor muscles of the animal. These strips of white meat are located on either side of the breastbone, under the breast meat (pectoralis major). They may also be made with similarly shaped pieces cut from chicken meat, usually the breast, or sometimes just pulverized chicken flesh.
Chicken fingers are prepared by coating chicken meat in a breading mixture and then deep frying them, in a manner similar to the preparation of schnitzel. Chicken fingers are a popular fast-food snack in the U.S.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Chicken Fingers | Chicken Finger Recipe
- Chicken Breast - 2 medium size ones
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Flakes to taste
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ¼ cup
- Water as needed
- Bread Crumbs - 1 cup or as needed
- Oil - 4 to 6 tblspn for pan frying
- Take chicken breast in a board, cut it in the middle to divide it into two portion. Cut it into fingers. Season it well with salt, chilli flakes and oregano. Mix well and set aside.
- Take flour in a bowl, add water and mix well to a liquid.
- Dip each chicken in this and coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil for pan frying, drop chicken in and pan fry for 4 to 5 mins till golden.
- Drain on to some paper towel and serve.
Version 1: Chicken Fingers (Breadcrumbs Coating)
|Take chicken breast|
Version 2: Chicken Fingers Recipe
(with Flour Coating)
Chicken Goujons just like chicken fingers. But this has a different coating on them. The coating is perfectly spicy and crunchy. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you..
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 10 mins
Serves : 2
Ingredients for chicken fingers
Chicken Breast - 2 cut into strips
Milk - 1 cup
All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Chilli Powder / Paprika - 1 tsp
Sesame Seeds - 1 tblspn
Oil for deep frying
Chicken Fingers Preparation
- Take flour, sesame seeds, salt, pepper, paprika in a plate and mix well.
- Take milk in a bowl, dip each chicken in milk and coat it in flour.
- Deep fry in oil till golden.
- Drain and serve.
|slice them into strips|