Gourmet Caramel Chocolate Popcorn Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
It was few weeks before i tried 4700 BC gourmet popcorn. I loved it so much i wanted to recreate it. I have already made a caramel popcorn recipe which doesn't need baking. This one is made little differently and it needs baking which makes the popcorn crispier and it stays crispy for a long time.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
4700BC Gourmet Chocolate Popcorn Recipe
- Popcorn - 1 cup
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Butter - ¼ cup
- Brown Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 2 tblsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Baking Soda - ½ tsp
- Dark Chocolate - ¼ cup
- Heat oil in a pot. Add in 3 popcorn kernels and cover it. Cook till it pops.
- Now add remaining corn kernels and cover and heat til it pops. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add in brown sugar and mix well.
- Add in water and cook till it comes to a bubble.
- Add in vanilla, salt, baking soda. Mix well till bubble and foamy.
- Pour sugar mix over the popcorn and mix well.
- Spread this in parchment paper lined pan.
- Pop this in a 120 degree c preheated oven for 30 mins.
- Mix it often and keep baking.
- Once it is done, remove it and cool. It will get crispy as it cools.
- Melt some dark chocolate in microwave and drizzle over the popcorn. Leave to cool so it sets.
- Store in a air tight container.
1)Make some popcorn. Check this link for recipe.
2)Now make caramel sauce. Melt some butter in a pan
3)Melt it gently
4)Add in brown sugar
6)Add in water
7)Cook till it comes to a bubble
9)Add in vanilla
10)Add in salt
11)Add in baking soda
12)Mix well. It will get foamy.
13)Pour caramel sauce over the popcorn
15)Take a pan lined with parchment paper.
16)Spread popcorn over it and spread it evenly
17)Pop it into the oven and bake
18)Mix well often
19)Take it out and let it cool.
20)Melt some dark chocolate in microwave
22)Take the popcorn
23)Drizzle with the chocolate
24)Sprinkle with some salt if needed
25)leave to set
Leave a Reply