Gourmet Caramel Popcorn Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
It was few weeks before i tried 4700 BC gourmet popcorn. I loved it so much i wanted to recreate it. I have already made a caramel popcorn recipe which doesn’t need baking. This one is made little differently and it needs baking which makes the popcorn crispier and it stays crispy for a long time.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Popcorn - 1 cup
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Butter - 1/4 cup
- Brown Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 2 tblsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Salt - 1 tsp or to taste
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pot. Add in 3 popcorn kernels and cover it. Cook till it pops.
- Now add remaining corn kernels and cover and heat til it pops. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a pan, add in brown sugar and mix well.
- Add in water and cook till it comes to a bubble.
- Add in vanilla, salt, baking soda. Mix well till bubble and foamy.
- Pour sugar mix over the popcorn and mix well.
- Spread this in parchment paper lined pan.
- Pop this in a 120 degree c preheated oven for 30 mins.
- Mix it often and keep baking.
- Once it is done, remove it and cool. It will get crispy as it cools.
- Store in a air tight container.
1)Make some popcorn. Check this link for recipe.
2)Now make caramel sauce. Melt some butter in a pan
3)Melt it gently
4)Add in brown sugar
6)Add in water
7)Cook till it comes to a bubble
9)Add in vanilla
10)Add in salt
11)Add in baking soda
12)Mix well. It will get foamy.
13)Pour caramel sauce over the popcorn
15)Take a pan lined with parchment paper.
16)Spread popcorn over it and spread it evenly
17)Pop it into the oven and bake
18)Mix well often
19)Take it out and let it cool.