Potato Smiley or McCain Smiley with step by step pictures. Delicious crispy potato smiles which is tasty and easy to make.
I can see a smile in your face when you see this recipe. That's what i want..One of my reader send me a request to share this recipe and bless her, because of her i tried it and sharing it today. I totally enjoyed making this and loved the way how it turned out too..Can you imagine the reaction when you make this and show to your kids or kid like hubby or even any of your loved ones. It is truly remarkable.
About Potato Smiley
Potato Smiles are tasty treats composed of mashed potatoes that have been seasoned and moulded into smiling faces to brighten up your day. McCain Foods is the world's largest manufacturer of Potato smiles and frozen potato products. Keep the flame on medium andstir occasionally while frying until golden brown. Finally, toss potato Smiles or potato smiley with tomato sauce or eggless mayonnaise and serve.
Ingredients for Homemade Potato Smiley Recipe
Begin by cooking the potatoes in cold water to ensure that they cook evenly. If you start with hot or boiling water, the potatoes; outsides will cook and soften while the insides will remain hard and crunchy.
Fryable cheeses are those with a high melting point. While the cheese will slightly melt in the fryer or skillet, it will normally keep its shape.
Although oregano may appear strange at first, frying accomplishes two crucial goals: it allows the tastes of both ingredients to bloom, meaning the heat of the oil brings out and amplifies their qualities. It also makes them crispy, which gives the finished meal a beautiful texture.
Potato Smiley Recipe | McCain Smiley Recipe
- Potato - 1 large boiled
- Cheese - 2 tblspn grated I used parmesan, you can use any
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder / Pepper powder - ½ tsp
- Oregano - ½ tsp optional
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - 2 to 3 tblspn or more as needed
- Oil for Deep frying
- Take boiled potatoes and grate them. Now take them in a bowl along with all the other ingredients except cornflour and oil.
- Mix this really well.
- Now add in cornflour and mix well. Shape it into dough.
- Put this dough in fridge and let it rest and chill for 1 hour.
- Now divide the dough into equal portions. Shape each portion into a smooth ball.
- Take a ball, flatten it out. Now use a straw to make two eyes and a spoon to make smile.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Drop the smiles in hot oil and fry till it is crispy.
- Drain in paper towel.
- Serve with ketchup.
Potato Smiley with Step by Step pictures
|Take all your ingredients|