Last Updated on September 14, 2021
Many of you must have seen my facebook status update, I mentioned that "I have not started cooking for diwali yet" and raised a question like "what recipe do you want me to cook?". The answer from many is sweets, so decided to do different types of easy sweets. You can see lots of diwali recipes in my blog for this whole week.
About Cornflour Halwa in Microwave
Cornflour halwa made in microwave in less than 15 minutes. All you need is just cornflour, sugar, ghee and nuts to make this delicious halwa. If you don't have much time on hand then this would be a perfect sweet to make.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Cornflour Halwa Recipe
- ½ cup Cornflour
- 1½ cup Sugar
- 2 cup Water
- ½ tsp Cardamom powder
- a pinch Food Colouring
- 2 tbsp Ghee - 2 tblspn
- 3 tbsp Almonds / Cashews
- Take a microwave safe bowl. Add in corn flour, sugar, water, cardamom, food colouring and mix well.
- Microwave this on high power for 15 mins. Take it out after every 4 mins and mix well, so that itdoesn't form any lumps.
- Heat ghee in a small pan and fry some almonds in it. Pour this over the halwa and mix well.
- Grease a plate with ghee. Pour this halwa on it and shape it.
- Let it cool for 30 mins. Now cut into pieces and serve.
How to Make this in Stove Top
- You can make this, entirely on stove top.
- Use a kadai and keep stirring continuously. When the halwa starts to leave the sides transfer it to the greased plate.
- Use the same cup to measure all the ingredients.
- Cooking time will vary as per your microwave power.
- You can add any flavouring in this halwa.
- Pour this in a tray and let it set for 2 hours.
|Take all your ingredients|
|Take cornflour in a microwave safe bowl|
|add sugar to it|
|Pour some water|
|and mix well|
|Now take your favorite food colouring|
|squeeze few drops in and mix well|
|add a touch of cardamom powder|
|and mix well|
|Now microwave it for 6 mins|
|and microwave again till it gets thick|
|Take ghee and almonds in a small pan|
|and fry them on low heat|
|Pour that over the halwa|
|Grease a plate with ghee|
|pour the halwa in|
|slice and serve|