Chicken Burger with Mojo Sauce is one of the popular recipe around the world. This orange flavoured chicken filling stuffed inside chicken burger is amazing.
I love to watch fox traveller eat street show. Each time when i watch that it makes me to tempt and crave for burgers a lot. I came across this burger recipe from that show. I think it is from a cuban food truck..It got my attention a lot and in a couple of days i tried it and it was super hit..
About this Recipe
A hamburger or burger is a type of food that consists of fillings such as a patty of ground meat, usually beef, that is placed inside a sliced bun or bread roll. Hamburgers are frequently topped with cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, bacon, or chilis, as well as condiments such as ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, relish, or a special sauce, which is often a variation of Thousand Island dressing, and are served on sesame seed buns. A cheeseburger is a hamburger that has been topped with cheese.
The term burger can also refer to a single meat patty, particularly in the United Kingdom, where the term patty is rarely used, or it can simply refer to ground beef. Because the term hamburger usually refers to beef, it may be prefixed with the type of meat or meat substitute used, as in beef burger, turkey burger, bison burger,
portobello burger, or veggie burger, for clarity.
Are burgers originally American?
Burgers may be a popular American fast food item today, but their origins can be traced back to the 12th century in Hamburg, Germany, with the development of cattle domestication. Meat patties are known as frikadellen or buletten in Germany.
I love love love burgers..I have quite a varieties of burger in my blog. You can check them here.
Ingredients for Mojo Chicken Burger Recipe
Burger Buns :
Typical burger bun ingredients include flour, sugar, eggs, yeast, and butter. While sweet bread was traditionally used, a variety of whole wheat and savoury varieties are now available. A burger bun can be long and skinny, short and round, or any other shape or size.
Garlic has a distinct, pungent flavour that, when raw, borders on spicy and, when cooked, borders on nutty. Sulfur compounds, suc as diallyl disulfide, contribute to the mustard-like flavour profile. It loses its acrid raw flavour when dried and crushed into garlic powder, making it ideal for seasoning dishes.
Lemon Juice :
Lemon juice is a common cooking and baking ingredient. It imparts a bright, citrusy flavour to both savoury and sweet dishes. With a low pH, it is one of the most acidic natural ingredients available, providing structure to jams and jellies and aiding in the proper rise of baked goods.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Chicken Burger with Mojo Sauce
- Chicken - 500 grams boneless cut into small pieces
- For Mojo Sauce:
- Olive Oil - ¼ cup
- Oregano - 1 tblspn
- Garlic - 10 fat cloves chopped finely
- Red Chilli Flakes - 1 tblspn or to taste
- Lemon Juice - 4 tblspn
- Orange Juice - ¾ cup
- Cumin Powder / Jeera Podi - 1 tblspn
- Pepper Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- For Burger:
- Buns - 5 I used homemade brioche buns
- Onions - 1 large sliced
- Tomatoes - 2 sliced
- Take all marination ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Reserve a small bowl of marination for later use.
- Now add chicken into this and mix well. Marinate this for 2 hours or overnight.
- Now heat a wok..Pour the chicken into the wok along with the marination and cook till the chicken is tender.
- Now slice onions and tomatoes. Cut your burger buns in half.
- Heat a little oil in a tawa. Toast the burger buns and set aside.
- Now heat some oil in the same tawa. Put the onions and tomatoes in oil and grill them. Spoon some of the reserved mojo sauce over this and grill them..
- Now place the onions and tomatoes over the toasted buns. Spoon some of the chicken over this and spoon some of the mojo sauce.
- Cover with the other top of the buns.
- Serve hot.
Chicken Burger with Mojo Sauce Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|
|I used my homemade brioche buns|