Neer Kozhukattai Recipe with step by step pictures. Ulundu Arisi kozhukattai made with rice and urad dal. This makes a perfect breakfast option.
This kozhukattai is one of our family favourite, we make it often for breakfast or for evening snacks. It is simple to make but taste so delicious..I thought of sharing it for quite a long time, finally made it few days back and took pictures of it as well.
Ingredients for Neer Kozhukattai
Rice - 1.5 cup ( I used normal cooking rice)
Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi Paruppu - 1 tblspn
Urad Dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tblspn
Coconut - 1 cup grated
Salt to taste
Water as needed for cooking
How to Make Neer Kozhukattai
Soak rice in water for 2 to 3 hours. Drain it completely.
Take it in a blender, Powder it little coarsely. Set aside.
Take it in a bowl, add in coconut, salt, roasted dals and mix well.
Take small portion and shape it into ball.
Bring lots of water to a rolling boil, drop ball in and cook for 10 to 15 mins.
Drain and serve.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Neer Kozhukattai Recipe | Ulundu Arisi Kozhukattai Recipe
- 1½ cup Rice I used normal cooking rice
- 1 tbsp Yellow Moong Dal
- 1 tbsp Urad Dal
- 1 cup Coconut grated
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed for cooking
- Roast both dals in a dry pan till golden on a low heat.Set aside.
- Soak rice in water for 2 to 3 hours. Drain it completely.
- Take it in a blender, Powder it little coarsely. Set aside.
- Take it in a bowl, add in coconut, salt, roasted dals and mix well.
- Take small portion and shape it into ball.
- Bring lots of water to a rolling boil, drop ball in and cook for 10 to 15 mins.
- Drain and serve,
Neer Kozhukattai Recipe with Step by Step Pictures
|Soak rice for 2 to 3 hours|