"Moong Dal Porridge with Step by Step Pictures. Healthy and Nutritious Porridge which is healthy and delicious. "
Moong Dal Porridge is a easy to digest and very nutritious dish. You can make it for breakfast or for lunch. The spices added in this dish is very soothing on the tummy.
Healthy and cooling porridge made using rice and dal with all yummy stuffs. This taste best with some spicy thogayal. Taste so refreshing.
How to Make Moong Dal Porridge
Rice, Dal, Cumin, Ajwain, Garlic, Pepper, Salt, Coconut Milk
Take all ingredients except milk in a pressure cooker.
Pressure cook for 4 whistle. Let the steam escape by itself.
Open the cooker, add milk or coconut milk and mix well.
Serving Suggestions for Moong Dal Porridge:
Porridge can be served with these side dish.
- Green Gram Stir Fry
- Karamani thoran
- Moong Dal and Veggie Stir Fry
- Drumstick Leaves Thogayal
- Mum's Mint Thogayal
- Coriander Thogayal
- Curry leaves thogayal
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Moong Dal Porridge
- Pressure cooker
- 1 cup Rice
- ½ cup Yellow Moong Dal
- 5 to 6 cups Water
- 10 Garlic
- 2 tsp Black Pepper or Kababchini
- 1 tsp Ajwain
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 Cups Milk or Coconut Milk
- Take all ingredients except milk in a pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistle. Let the steam escape by itself.
- Open the cooker, add milk or coconut milk and mix well.
- This is a one pot dish. You can make this in pressure cooker or a regular pot.
- The spices added is totally upto you. If you don't have kabab chini you can use black pepper.
- You can use coconut milk or normal milk.
SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Porridge can be served with these side dish.
1)Take rice and yellow moong dal in a pressure cooker.
2)Wash it well and set aside.
3)Add water to it.
4)Add cumin seeds and ajwain
5)These are called as Vaal milagu | Kababchini. You can use these or normal black pepper.
6)Add those in.
7)Add garlic cloves
9)Cook till done.
10)Now rice is cooked completely
11)You can add milk or coconut milk