Mushroom roti parcels taste delicious with spicy mushroom filling inside wrapped and cooked till crisp.
This is a great and fun way to make paratha for your kids. It is great to put in your kids lunch box. Since it is handy, they will eat it without making any mess.
Roti is a round flatbread from the Indian subcontinent made from stoneground whole wheat flour, traditionally known as gehu ka atta, and water. Roti is popular in many countries around the world. Its distinguishing feature is that it is unleavened.
Roti was introduced to South Africa by Indian migrants in the nineteenth century and was later incorporated into Durban cuisine. It is widely consumed by South African Indian communities as a flat bread or as a wrap with locally prepared curries.
Edible mushroom :
The fleshy and edible fruit bodies of several species of macrofungi are known as edible mushrooms. They can appear below ground or above ground and can be picked by hand. Criteria for determining edibleness include the absence of poisonous effects on humans as well as desirable taste and aroma.
What is the most popular edible mushroom?
Button Mushroom, White The most common and mild-tasting mushroom on the market. This variety accounts for 90% of the mushrooms we consume.
It has a smooth texture and an aromatic, woodsy, and nutty flavour, making it a gourmet mushroom. Porcini mushrooms can be used in a variety of dishes, including meat, sauces, broth, eggs, pasta, and vegetarian dishes. Porcini, like other types of mushrooms, has its own set of health benefits.
Chilli flakes :
Chili flakes, red pepper flakes, and crushed red pepper flakes are all the same thing: a condiment or spice made of dried and crushed whole peppers.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you..
Mushroom Roti Parcels Recipe
- For Dough:
- Wheat Flour / Atta - 1 cup + extra if needed
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Oil - 1 tblspn
- Water as needed
- For Filling:
- Oil or Butter - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 1 tblspn finely chopped
- Mushrooms - 200 grams sliced thinly
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp
- Oregano - ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves - 3 tblspn finely chopped
- Start by making dough, take flour, salt, oil in a bowl. rub well so oil is mixed in with the flour.
- Add in water slowly and knead to a soft smooth dough. Cover the dough with a bowl and set aside for 30 mins.
- Now take two small balls from this dough and roll it lightly.
- Now take one rolled paratha, apply some oil over it, sprinkle some wheat flour over it and place another paratha over it and roll it little thin, now place this in hot tawa and cook for a min on each side.
- Remove it and separate the paratha and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and fry for a min. Add mushrooms and saute for 5 mins or so.
- Now add salt, chilli flakes, oregano and coriander leaves and mix well. Filling done.
- Now take one paratha and spoon some filling in and fold from the sides, now seal the side with some wheat flour paste.
- Now place this in a heated pan spread with little oil and cook for few seconds.
Mushroom Roti Parcels Step by Step
|First lets make the dough..Take wheat flour in a bowl|