Bakery style wheat bran muffins with step by step pictures. Soft and fluffy wheat bran muffins which has all the goodness packed in them.
This is one of the healthy muffins which are baked using wheat bran. There are two types of bran, one is an oat bran and another one is wheat bran. They come from the outer husk of the oat and wheat. If you find them in your supermarket, just make sure you stock them. they will be available in the cereal section of your supermarket.
A muffin is an individually portioned baked product, but the term can refer to one of two distinct items: a part-raised flatbread baked and then cooked on a griddle, or a quick bread chemically leavened and baked in a mould.
You can make muffins out of them, add them to paratha dough, add them to your oatmeal or cereal as well..You can even add them to your milkshakes or smoothies..Such a healthy one..These muffins are perfect for breakfast, this with a cup of milk is just filling.
What is wheat bran?
The bran is the hard outer layer of the wheat kernel that is high in nutrients and fibre. The bran is removed from the wheat kernel during the milling process and becomes a byproduct. Wheat bran tastes sweet and nutty.
Ingredients for Bakery Style Wheat Bran Muffins Recipe :
Wheat Bran :
Wheat bran tastes sweet and nutty. It can be used to give bread, muffins, and other baked goods texture and flavour. Wheat bran is the protective outer shell of the wheat kernel that is removed during milling.
Chocolate Chips :
Semi-sweet chocolate chips are typically made from sugar, chocolate, cocoa butter, milk fat, and soy lecithin, which acts as an emulsifier. They're also known as semi-sweet morsels.
This muffins has less oil and the moistness for this comes from the mashed banana. Not only it add moistness, it gives nice flavour to this muffin as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you..
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Wheat Bran Muffins Recipe
- Wheat Bran - 1 ½ cup / 100 grams
- All Purpose Flour - 1 cup / 120 grams
- Sugar - 1 cup / 200 grams
- Mashed Ripe Banana - 1 cup
- Chocolate Chips - 1 cup
- Oil - ¼ cup / 60 ml
- Milk - 1 ½ cup / 360 ml
- Egg - 1
- Baking Powder - 1 tblspn
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Salt - ½ tsp
- Cashews or Walnuts or any nuts - ½ cup chopped
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C. Line muffin tray with cupcake cases and set aside.
- Take flour, wheat bran, baking soda, salt, baking powder, chocolate chips in a bowl and mix well.
- Take oil, egg, banana, milk, sugar and whisk well till combined.
- Add the dry ingredients in this and fold gently.
- Use a icecream scoop to scoop it into moulds, fill right to the top. Sprinkle some nuts on top.
- Now bake this for 18 to 20 mins.
- Remove it and let it cool for 5 mins in the pan. Now remove it and place it in a cooling rack and cool it down.
- Serve warm with a cup of tea or milk.
Wheat Bran Muffins Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|