“Homemade Pasta Sauce can be made in bulk and stored in fridge. Homemade flavourful pasta sauce is so simple to make”
Storing few jars of pasta sauce in your fridge is a brilliant thing to do. It comes handy when you are planning for a quick dinner. You can use this pasta sauce for many recipes starting from making creamy tomato pasta to meat sauce as well.
How to Make Homemade Pasta Sauce Tasty
- Use Ripe Red Tomatoes
- Lots of Garlic
- Good Quality Olive Oil
- Herbs and Seasonings
Variations you can make
- Add roasted garlic in the end for roasted garlic flavour
- Add roasted bell peppers for pepper tomato pasta sauce
- Addition of fresh basil adds so much flavour.
- You can add extra chillies to make the sauce spicy.
How to Make Delicious Pasta Sauce:
Use ripe and red tomatoes. Red tomatoes adds sweetness to the sauce also adds bright red colour.
If you are a garlic lover, use as much as you like. I love garlic so i add a generous amount of it.
Addition of herbs is your choice. You can add lots of basil, oregano, italian herbs. Each herbs add different flavour.
4)Seasoning and Balancing Taste
Add the right amount of sugar, salt to balance the tomato sauce. If your tomatoes are too sour, add little extra sugar. If it is too sweet, skip adding the sugar.
How to Store Pasta Sauce:
1)If you are making huge batch of pasta sauce. You can freeze them in ziploc bags or small individual containers.
2)Portion cooled pasta sauce in individual jars and store in fridge. Stays good for 1 month.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
- Tomato - 2 lb 1 kg
- Olive Oil - 1/4 cup
- Garlic - 15 cloves chopped finely
- Red Chilli Flakes - 1 tblspn
- Oregano or Italian Seasoning - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 2 tblsp or to taste
- Chop tomatoes and puree till smooth.
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add in chopped garlic and saute for a min.
- Add in tomato puree and cook for 10 mins.
- Now add in sugar and salt and mix well.
- Add in red chilli flakes, italian seasoning and mix well. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove from heat and pour it into jars.
- Store in fridge.
2)You can use this sauce in any pasta recipes.
3)This sauce stays good for over a month in fridge.
1)Heat olive oil in a pan
2)Add in chopped garlic
3)Saute for a min.
4)Add in tomato puree
5)Add in salt
6)Add in sugar
7)Add in italian herbs.
8)Add in red chilli flakes
9)Mix well and simmer for 10 to 15 mins
10)Now sauce is done
11)Cool the sauce a little.
12)Take your jars.
13)Fill with the sauce
14)Cover and seal. Store in fridge.