Peas Kurma Recipe with step by step pictures. Healthy green peas kurma recipe or pachai pattani kurma recipe goes well with roti.
Many people think that making korma takes hours, if so correct that. This one takes only 15 mins to make, Hence I am calling it as Curry in a Hurry. But the flavours are so good and everyone licked their fingers. Combining cashews and onions along with the sweet peas was a total hit and everyone loved it. You can add any vegetables in this gravy like paneer, potatoes, carrots and even chicken.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Peas Kurma Recipe | Pachai Pattani Kurma Recipe
- Peas - 2 cups I used frozen
- For Masala:
- Oil- 1 tblspn
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf- 1 tblspn
- Cashews - 10
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder / Malli podi - 1 tblspn
- Turmeric powder / Manjal podi - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan. Add fennel seeds and cashews and let them fry for a min.
- Add in onions and cook them for a min till they turn transparent.
- Add in the spice powders, salt and sugar and mix well.
- Take this in a blender and make into a fine puree by adding some water.
- Now take peas in a kadai add enough water and bring it to a boil. Cook it for 5 mins till the peas are cooked. I used frozen so they cooked faster.
- Now add in the ground masala and mix well.Cook for 5 mins.
- Serve with poori or roti.
Peas Kurma Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients
|Saute some fennel seeds in oil
|add cashews and saute till golden
|add in salt, sugar and spice powders
|and cook for a min..
|Take it in a blender
|and make into a fine puree
|now take peas in a pan along with some water
|cook till the peas are done
|add in the masala and mix well
|simmer for 5 mins