Pecan Cinnamon Sticky Buns Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Sticky buns makes the best christmas morning breakfast option. This soft buns has a buttery texture and a caramel cinnamony sticky sauce. Cinnamon Sticky Buns are just divine.
Baking a proper sticky buns was always on my mind. Finally i did this when we are quarantine. I made the dough the night and sticked that into the fridge. Next morning i made this for breakfast. Since the dough was cold, it was very easy to roll and i was able to spread butter and slice it easily. Also the buns baked perfectly.
If you want to bake this for breakfast. You can do these following to make the process easier.
1)Make the dough the night before and put in fridge.
2)Make the sauce the night before and put this in fridge or at room temp. If you are storing the sauce in fridge, then you might need to reheat it in the morning since it may thicken and harden.
Here are few of your questions answered.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Salted Butter - 50 grams
- Brown Sugar - 1 cup
- Corn syrup or Honey - 3 tblsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Pecans - 1 cup chopped finely
- Egg - 1
- Dry Yeast - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tblsp
- Warm Milk - 1 cup
- Melted Butter - ¼ cup
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 to 3 cups
- Soft Unsalted Butter - ½ cup
- Brown Sugar - 1 cup
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 tblsp
- Start by making the dough. Take yeast, sugar in a bowl. Add in warm milk. Let it activate fr 5 mins.
- Add in melted butter, egg, salt and mix well.
- Add in flour and knead to a soft dough. Cover and put it in fridge overnight.
- Next morning. Start by making the sauce
- Take butter, brown sugar, corn syrup in a sauce pan and heat till it is mixed.
- Add in vanilla and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil. Cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add in chopped pecans and mix well.
- Now set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Mix cinnamon, sugar and set aside.
- Take the dough and roll it into a rectangle. Spread soft butter, sprinkle brown sugar mix all over it.
- Roll it tight. Cut it into pieces.
- Take a muffin mould. spoon sauce in it.
- Top with cinnamon roll pieces. Cover and leave for 30 mins.
- Now pop this into the oven and bake for 15 to 17 mins.
- Remove and unmould when it is still hot.
1)Start by making the dough. Take dry yeast in a bowl
2)Add in sugar
3)Add in warm milk
4)Let the yeast activate
5)Add in melted butter
6)Add in egg
8)Add in flour
9)Add in salt
10)Make it into a sticky dough
11)Cover and put the dough in fridge
12)Next day lets make sticky buns. The dough is risen
13)Start by making sauce. Take butter, brown sugar in a sauce pan
14)Add in corn syrup or honey
15)Add in vanilla
16)Heat it well
17)Let it come to a boil
19)Chop it finely
20)Add pecan in with the sauce
22)Sauce is done
23)Now take brown sugar in a bowl
24)Add cinnamon powder
26)Roll the dough into a rectangle
27)Spread soft butter
29)Top with brown sugar mix
31)Seal the edges
34)Spoon the sauce into the muffin mould
35)Place a roll in
36)Leave it aside for 30 mins so it rise
37)Bake till done, unmould and serve
38)This taste best when served warm
39)Soft and pillowy sticky buns.