Pecan Cinnamon Sticky Buns Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Sticky buns makes the best christmas morning breakfast option. This soft buns has a buttery texture and a caramel cinnamony sticky sauce. Cinnamon Sticky Buns are just divine.
Pecan Sticky Buns
Baking a proper sticky buns was always on my mind. Finally i did this when we are quarantine. I made the dough the night and sticked that into the fridge. Next morning i made this for breakfast. Since the dough was cold, it was very easy to roll and i was able to spread butter and slice it easily. Also the buns baked perfectly.
About Sticky Buns
Sticky buns are a sort of dessert or breakfast sweet roll that is made up of rolling pieces of leavened dough, occasionally with brown sugar or cinnamon, compacted together to form a flat loaf the size of the pan in which they will be baked.
Sticky buns were originally known as schnecken and have a Germanic heritage. Schnecken was first brought to the United States by the Pennsylvania Dutch.
Frequently Asked Questions?
Here are few of your questions answered.
What causes cinnamon rolls not to rise?
If you use too much flour, your rolls will be dry and tough. If there is'nt enough flour, the rolls will be dense and soggy because they won't have enough structure to rise. Gradually add a tablespoon at a time toward the conclusion of mixing, checking the texture of the dough after each addition.
How long does sticky buns stays good?
How to Freeze sticky buns?
What is the Difference between cinnamon rolls and sticky buns?
Where does Sticky Buns Originated from?
Can we store the dough and sauce for longer period of time?
Can you use any other nuts instead of pecans?
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Pecan Cinnamon Sticky Buns | Sticky Buns Recipe
- Salted Butter - 50 grams
- Brown Sugar - 1 cup
- Corn syrup or Honey - 3 tblsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Pecans - 1 cup chopped finely
- Egg - 1
- Dry Yeast - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tblsp
- Warm Milk - 1 cup
- Melted Butter - ¼ cup
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 to 3 cups
- Soft Unsalted Butter - ½ cup
- Brown Sugar - 1 cup
- Cinnamon Powder - 1 tblsp
MY 1 CUP MEASURES 240 ML
- Start by making the dough. Take yeast, sugar in a bowl. Add in warm milk. Let it activate fr 5 mins.
- Add in melted butter, egg, salt and mix well.
- Add in flour and knead to a soft dough. Cover and put it in fridge overnight.
- Next morning. Start by making the sauce
- Take butter, brown sugar, corn syrup in a sauce pan and heat till it is mixed.
- Add in vanilla and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil. Cook for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add in chopped pecans and mix well.
- Now set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Mix cinnamon, sugar and set aside.
- Take the dough and roll it into a rectangle. Spread soft butter, sprinkle brown sugar mix all over it.
- Roll it tight. Cut it into pieces.
- Take a muffin mould. spoon sauce in it.
- Top with cinnamon roll pieces. Cover and leave for 30 mins.
- Now pop this into the oven and bake for 15 to 17 mins.
- Remove and unmould when it is still hot.
Pecan Sticky Buns with step by step pictures
1)Start by making the dough. Take dry yeast in a bowl
2)Add in sugar
3)Add in warm milk
4)Let the yeast activate
5)Add in melted butter
6)Add in egg
8)Add in flour
9)Add in salt
10)Make it into a sticky dough
11)Cover and put the dough in fridge
12)Next day lets make sticky buns. The dough is risen
13)Start by making sauce. Take butter, brown sugar in a sauce pan
14)Add in corn syrup or honey
15)Add in vanilla
16)Heat it well
17)Let it come to a boil
19)Chop it finely
20)Add pecan in with the sauce
22)Sauce is done
23)Now take brown sugar in a bowl
24)Add cinnamon powder
26)Roll the dough into a rectangle
27)Spread soft butter
29)Top with brown sugar mix
31)Seal the edges
34)Spoon the sauce into the muffin mould
35)Place a roll in
36)Leave it aside for 30 mins so it rise
37)Bake till done, unmould and serve
38)This taste best when served warm
39)Soft and pillowy sticky buns.
If you want to bake this for breakfast. You can do these following to make the process easier.
1)Make the dough the night before and put in fridge.
2)Make the sauce the night before and put this in fridge or at room temp. If you are storing the sauce in fridge, then you might need to reheat it in the morning since it may thicken and harden.
3) If you want to eat the sticky buns first thing in the morning, cut the dough and arrange it in the goo in the pan, then cover and chill overnight. Place the buns in a cold oven directly from the fridge. Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes. The buns will have raised to the perfect level by the time the oven reaches
Leave a Reply