Bakery Style Butter Bun Recipe – Cream Stuffed Doughnuts Recipe with Step wise pictures.
Super delicious butter bun recipe which is my childhood favourite. It is a delicacy from bakeries in nagercoil and taste absolutely delicious. It is easy to make at home.
When we were little this is a special treat for us. Whenever mom goes for grocery shopping, she used to get butter bun from the famous “greatest bakery” in nagercoil. It is one of my child hood memory. We used to wait for her to enjoy this bun.
I have already shared a version of butter bun before, but i used baked buns in it. I thought that they use baked buns for that. But later i found that the buns are deep fried which gives a buttery outer coating and super moist interior.
So this is my updated version. Also make sure you use white butter for the filling because that gives you the white cream layer. But you can use normal butter as well. But make sure it is unsalted.
The bun recipe is pretty basic just like your normal bun. But the filling is what matters.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tblsp
- Butter - 2 tblsp
- Milk - 3/4 cup or needed
- Dry yeast - 1.5 tsp
- White Unsalted Butter - 100 grams
- Icing Sugar - 2 cups
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Milk as needed
- Oil for Deep frying
- Take butter, sugar and milk in a sauce pan and heat till luke warm.
- Add in salt and yeast and mix well. Set aside for 5 mins.
- Add in flour and knead well. Set the dough aside for 1 to 2 hour till doubles in size.
- Now divide it into equal size balls. Roll the ball into a smooth ball and flatten it slightly.
- Set aside for 15 to 20 mins till it rise in size.
- Heat oil for deep frying, drop the balls in hot oil and fry till golden on both sides. Drain and set aside.
- Now make buttercream, take butter in a bowl, add half of the sugar and vanilla. Whip well till creamy.
- Add remaining icing sugar and whip till combined.Add little milk and mix well.
- Take the cooled bun, slit it open and apply some butter cream on top.
- Cover it and serve.
1)Take butter and sugar in a sauce pan
2)Add in milk. Heat this till milk gets warm
3)Now the milk is warm
4)Add in salt
5)Add in yeast and set aside for 5 mins.
7)Add in flour
8)Knead well till a smooth dough is formed.
9)Set aside to rest for 1 to 2 hours.
10)Now the dough is risen
11)Punch down the air from the dough.
12)Divide it into equal balls
13)Take a portion of dough, roll it into a smooth ball.
15)Arrange it in a flour sprinkled plate
16)Flatten it lightly
17)Set aside for 30 mins
18)Now the balls are risen
19)Heat oil for deep frying
20)Drop buns in hot oil
21)Fry till golden on both sides
22)Drain and set aside
23)Now make the buttercream. Take white butter in a bowl.
24)Add in half of the icing sugar
25)Whisk till creamy
26)Add some more icing sugar
27)Add some vanilla
28)Whisk till combined
29)Now it is done
30)Slit open a cooled bun
31)Fill with butter cream