Onion Paratha Recipe with step by step pictures. Pyaz ka paratha recipe in which chapati dough is filled with onion stuffing and cooked till golden.
When I was browsing in google for a quick Rajasthani recipe, I came across this paratha. And I know this is what I going to do to end up this season. And I made it just now and it was so yummy. I totally loved it. The Onion Flavour in this is so mild and not over powering at all. Since you cook it in a slow flame the onion gets cooked inside too. So try it soon.
Aloo Ki Sabzi / Aloo Sabji ·
Rajasthan Kaddu Ki Subzi / Pumpkin Subzi
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Onion Paratha Recipe | Pyaz Ka Paratha Recipe
- For Dough:
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil smear on top
- Oil / Ghee to cook the Paratha
- For Filling:
- 1 Onion chopped Finely
- 1 Green Chilli chopped finely
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Chat Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin Seeds
- ¼ tsp Ajwain Optional
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- Salt to taste
- In a mixing bowl add flour, salt and mix well..Slowly add in water and make a soft dough. Now apply a tsp of oil and rub all over the top. Cover it and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Mix everything given for the filling in a bowl and set aside.
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Take one dough and flatten it out..Now spoon some filling in the center and seal from all sides. Finish the entire dough like this.
- Now take the stuffed ball and slowly roll it so that filling doesn’t leak out. Form into a slightly thick paratha.
- Heat a tawa and drop the paratha on it and cook for 1 min on one side. Flip over and apply some ghee on top and flip over and cook on both sides till golden brown.Cook on a slow flame for about 3 mins on one side, so that the onions gets cooked too..
- Serve with raita or pickle.
Onion Paratha Recipe Stepwise Pictures
|Take wheat flour and salt in a bowl|
|and make into a dough|
|apply some oil and let it rest for few minutes..|
|Take all your ingredients for filling|
|add onions to a bowl|
|add green chillies|
|and all spice powders|
|add in salt|
|Take your dough and filling|
|Take one portion of the dough|
|flatten it out|
|spoon the filling in|
|seal from all sides|
|i made two paratha like this|
|take one and start rolling|
|roll into a slightly thick paratha|
|heat a tawa|
|put the paratha over this|
|apply some ghee|
|now this is ready to flip over|
|cook on both sides by applying some ghee|