Amristari Aloo Kulcha Recipe - Stuffed Potato Naan Bread Recipe with step wise pictures.
Amristari Aloo Kulcha Recipe. Super delicious, potato kulcha recipe which taste so yummy hot. You can enjoy with some pickle and yogurt.
I love kulcha, these soft indian bread has so much flavour and just soaks up the curries perfectly. But i love stuffed kulcha more than plain kulcha. This is one of my favorite, it is filled with garlic and cheese stuffing. The cheese just melts when heated. The garlic just lifts all your house with its aroma. Be generous with oil and butter, because kulcha is a indulgent recipe.
I will soon share a aloo kulcha recipe which is stuffed with potato filling.
This recipe has a technique involved which i learned from a youtube video. It has butter rubbed inside and rolled before stuffing with the actual filling. The butter helps in creating layers and flakiness in the kulcha and make sure the kulcha is super crispy and flaky.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Aloo Kulcha Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 2 tblsp
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ¾ tsp
- Oil or Melted Butter - 2 tblsp
- Yogurt / Curd - ½ cup
- Water as needed
- Butter and Oil for frying
- Potato - 3 large boiled peeled and mashed
- Coriander leaves - 2 cups chopped finely
- Red Chilli Flakes - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chaat Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Green Chillies - 3 tblsp chopped finely
- Take flour, salt, sugar, baking soda, oil in a bowl and mix well. Add yogurt and water knead to a soft dough. Apply oil on top and let it rest for 30 mins.
- Take filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Take a portion of dough and flatten it, apply butter and roll it. Now shape it in to a ball and flatten it again.
- Place the filling in the middle and seal it.
- Roll it into a kulcha.
- Sprinkle top with coriander leaves.
- Place it on hot tawa and cook on each side drizzling with oil for 3 to 4 mins.
- Remove and apply some butter.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
1)Take all purpose flour in a bowl.
3)Add in sugar
4)Add in baking soda
5)Add oil or butter
9)Knead for 5 mins
10)Apply oil on top and let it rest for 30 mins.
11)Now make filling, Take boiled mashed potatoes
12)Add in coriander leaves
13)Add chilli flakes
15)Add chat masala and cumin powder
17)Take a portion of dough
18)Apply butter on top.
20)Once it is rolled.
21)Shape it into a ball. This step makes the kulcha turns out just like dhaba style kulcha with extra crispiness and flakiness.
23)Place filling inside
24)Seal it well.
25)Roll it out
26)Sprinkle the top with coriander leaves
27)Place it on a hot tawa
28)Cook till the bottom is cooked
30)Apply butter generously