Vazhakkai Fry with Coconut with step by step pictures. Delicious raw banana poriyal recipe made with raw banana, coconut with spices.
Amma makes vazhakkai fry often, but it is made like the usual one with chilli powder and salt. This one is different because we add coconut and tamarind. Actually the bananas are cooked in tamarind juice so you will get all the flavour right into the banana which makes it even more tasty.
This recipe is from one my Brahmin friend at work. I have made quite a few recipe from her mom ( You can check it here). I don’t know why but I have a latest craze for iyengar recipes. Think that their recipes are great and worth while to try and blog..As you can see from the title that brahmins call their poriyal dish as karamadu which sounds great right.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Vazhakkai Fry with Coconut
- 3 Raw Plantain Peeled & Chopped
- 1 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- 3 tbsp Coconut grated
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Take banana in a kadai. Pour the tamarind water and add some salt in that. Mix well and let it come to a boil. Simmer and cook until the banana is cooked. Now drain it and set aside.
- Heat 1 tblspn oil in a kadai. Add mustard and urad dal in that and allow them to pop.
- Add dry red chilli, curry leaves and fry for few mins.
- Add cooked banana and mix well. Cook this for 5-7 mins until the banana is well saute and just started to turn darker.
- Add coconut and mix well. Switch off the flame and serve.
Vazhakkai Fry with Coconut Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Peel raw banana|
|Put it in a kadai|
|pour tamarind water over that|
|add some salt|
|mix well..Let it come to a boil|
|cover and simmer|
|Remove and set aside|
|add mustard and urad dal|
|add dry red chilli|
|and curry leaves|
|add cooked banana|
|and mix well|
|fry till they are little browned|
|and mix well|