Ulundu Choru Recipe – Ulundhu Saadam Recipe – Urad Dal Rice in Pressure Cooker
Healthy and highly nutritious ulundu sadham or urad dal rice which is easy to make and taste delicious with dal curry, egg avial or nattu kozhi kuzhambu.
This is a common dish in my house. We make it atleast twice a month. It is packed with nutrients and health property. There is two version of this, we make kanji out of this. But i love this saadam more than kanji. The perfect sidedish of this is egg avial, roasted coriander thogayal and paruppu. My absolute favorite. Try it and let me know how it turned out..
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Rice - 1 cup
- Split Urad dal with Skin on - 1.5 cup
- Water - 5 cup
- Gingelly Oil - 4 tblspn
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds / Methi / Vendayam - 1 tsp
- Ginger - 3 tblspn cut into thin strips
- Dry Red Chilli - 3 to 4
- Curry leaves a handful
- Garlic - 15 cloves peeled
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Salt to taste
- Wash rice and dal very well. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add in mustard, urad dal, fenugreek and let them sizzle.
- Add in dry chilli, ginger, garlic, curry leaves and mix well.
- Add in rice and dal and mix well. Add coconut and salt and mix well.
- Add in water.
- Bring it to a good boil. Cover the cooker with lid and pressure cook for 2 whistle. Simmer for 10 mins.
- Turn off the heat and let the steam go all by itself.
- Remove and serve.
|Wash rice and urad dal with skin and set aside|
|heat gingelly oil in a pressure cooker|
|add urad dal|
|add dry red chilli|
|add in garlic and ginger|
|add in curry leaves|
|add rice dal mix|
|bring it to a boil|
|cook till done|