Last Updated on November 20, 2020
"Spicy Chicken Soup with a hot and spicy chicken stock which taste so spicy. This soup warms our body and soul"
Spicy Chicken Soup is one of the easiest soup you could ever make. Not only this soup is hearty and filling but is highly nutritious as well. I personally make this for lunch and have it with some breadsticks.
Toasted bread would be perfect with this soup as well. Garlic bread will be yummy too. You need some kind of spongy bread to soak up the creamy goodness.
You can add more vegetables in this soup. Like cauliflower, zucchini to make it more whole some. You can serve this soup with my keto 90 second bread for much more filling meal.
EASY AND FAST HOMEMADE CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE
Start by sautéing the vegetables in oil. Add the chicken stock, herbs, spice powders, tomato puree and stir. Heat until it comes to a boil, then turn it down to a simmer. Add the chicken and warm through. Done.
You can use boneless chicken cubes. So you don't have to bother removing the bones from the chicken soup. Use chicken thighs instead of breast. Since breast will go stringy and rubbery while thighs stays nice and juicy.
How to Make Chicken Stock in a Pot:
- Take 1 kg chicken with bones.
- Wash it well and add it into a large pot.
- Add in salt to taste, any herbs as you like. Parsley, oregano, mint.
- Add in whole peppercorns and bay leaf.
- Add in onions and carrots.
- Boil this for 40 mins till the chicken is cooked and the broth is flavourful.
- Strain this stock.
- Remove chicken from the bones and use in the soups.
- The stock can be used in soups or stored in fridge for later.
How to Make Chicken Stock in a Pressure Cooker:
- Take chicken with bones and wash well.
- Take it in a pressure cooker.
- Add salt to taste
- Add in chicken stock powder or chicken stock cubes.
- Cover and pressure cook for 2 whistle.
- Let the steam escape by itself.
- Open the cooker, strain the stock.
- Use chicken in soups.
WAYS TO LOWER CARBS IN SOUPS AND STEWS
- Choose low carb vegetables.
- Use a smaller amount of higher carb vegetables like onions, garlic.
- Add more meat than veggies.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Spicy Chicken Soup Recipe
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Leeks or Onions - 1 chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 cut thinly
- Capsicum - 1 cut thinly
- Mushrooms - 10 sliced thinly
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomatoes - 2 pureed
- Chicken Stock - 6 cups
- Chilli powder to taste
- Black pepper powder to taste
- Dried Oregano - 1 tsp
- Dried basil - 1 tsp
- Dried parsley - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cooked chicken - 2 cups chopped
- Heat oil in a pot. Add in leeks and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add in carrots, capsicum and mushrooms. Saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add in chicken stock, tomato puree, chilli powder, salt, parsley, oregano, basil and pepper powder.
- Boil this for 5 mins.
- Now add in cooked chicken and mix well.
- Simmer for 2 mins.
- Serve hot.
2)You can use any vegetables as you like
3)You can serve this soup with rice as well.
4)Bread rolls can be served with this too.
5)You can make this soup as spicy as you like.
1)Heat oil in a pan. Add in chopped leeks
2)Saute for a min
3)Add in slice carrots and capsicum
4)Add in mushrooms
5)Saute till vegetables are cooked
6)Add in ginger garlic paste
7)Add in chicken stock.
8)Bring it to a boil
9)Add in tomato puree
10)Add in chilli powder
11)Add in garlic powder
12)Add in dried parsley, oregano and basil
15)Add in some black pepper powder
17)Add in cooked chicken