Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe with step by step pictures. Moist and delicious cupcakes made with strawberries both in cupcakes and frosting.
This cupcake was on my mind for quite a long time, Finally i get a chance to bake them yesterday and it was a hit. Loved the soft cupcakes with fresh strawberries in them and the strawberry buttercream was perfect.
About Strawberry Cupcakes
A cupcake is a small cake that can be baked in a small thin paper or aluminium cup. Frosting and other cake decorations, such as fruit and candy, may be used, as with larger cakes.
This cupcakes are so moist and fluffy and the strawberry flavour really speaks through..This recipe is so easy to make as well. You need a handful of ingredients too. Instead of strawberry you can use banana, mango, pineapple, kiwi, cherry or any of your favourite fruit as well.
What is the difference between a muffin and a cupcake?
Cupcakes are lighter and fluffier than muffins. While cupcake batters are soft and smooth, muffin batters are thicker and denser, similar to bread batters.
What were cupcakes originally called?
Cupcakes were once known as Number Cakes or Cakes. This was due to the fact that recipes back then consisted of only 1 cup of butter, 2 cups of sugar, 3 cups of flour, 4 eggs, 1 cup of milk, and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
Who first made cupcakes?
The cupcake was invented by Amelia Simmons. And, as if that wasn't enough for the history books, when she first published her cookbook in 1796, she established herself as the author of the first American cookbook.
Ingredients for Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe
All Purpose Flour / Maida :
Maida requires more oil or butter when baking or cooking because it is lighter and rises faster, which is why bakers prefer maida to atta. All-purpose flour can be used for a variety of tasks, including baking, cooking, coating meats and vegetables, and thickening sauces and gravies. To manufacture all-purpose flour, a blend of hard wheat (which has more gluten) and soft wheat is crushed together.
Unsalted Butter :
Unsalted butter allows you to completely control the flavour of your recipe. This is especially important in baked goods that rely heavily on the pure, sweet cream flavour of butter (butter cookies or pound cakes). When it comes to cooking, unsalted butter allows the true, natural flavour of your foods to shine through.
Baking soda is a leavening agent that is commonly used in baked goods such as cakes, muffins, and cookies. It is a white crystalline powder that is naturally alkaline, or basic. It is also known as sodium bicarbonate. When baking soda is combined with both an acidic and a liquid, it becomes activated.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe
- 1½ cup All Purpose Flour (180 grams)
- 1 cup Sugar (200 grams) Powdered
- 100 grams Unsalted Butter (100 grams)
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Strawberry Puree 60 ml
- ¼ cup Milk 60 ml
- Pink Food Colour few drops
- 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
- For Frosting:
- 3 cups Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting
- Pink Food Colour few drops
- 4 Strawberry mashed with a fork
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C, Line muffin tray with cupcake cases.
- Sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt well.
- Take butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Use a electric beater to whip this up till creamy.
- Add in egg and beat till creamy.
- Add in hald flour mix and strawberry puree. Fold gently. Half remaining flour mix in and milk. Fold gently.
- Use a icecream scoop to fill muffin cases. Bake it for 20 to 25 mins.
- Remove it and let it cool down.
- Now make buttercream. Add few drops of pink colour and mashed strawberries and fold well.
- Fill piping bag with it and pipe it over cupcakes.
Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|
|While the cupcake is cooling..I made some
vanilla buttercream, i added some pink colour to it