Malabar Stuffed Pazham Pori Recipe – Pazham Nirachathu Recipe with step wise pictures.
Hot and crispy stuffed plaintain or nendrapazham which is a quite a popular recipe. It taste so delicious when served with hot chai.
I already have a version of banana fritters and pazham pori in this blog. This one is a different version of it with stuffing. I love this version more than the old one. The key for a tasty banana appam is to use a super ripe banana it has to be ripe and sweet.
I wanted to make and share this recipe for a while now, finally this is the time. Hubby used to get this from near by shop and it taste so yummy. You can add some chopped nuts and dried fruits in the filling as well. Instead of jaggery you can use sugar in this too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Ripe Plantain / Nendrapazham - 2 to 4
- Oil for deep frying
- Poha / Aval - 1 cup
- Jaggery - 1/2 cup grated
- Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1/4 cup
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Water as needed
- Take poha in a bowl, add water and soak it for 1 min. Squeeze out the water and take it in a bowl. Add all ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- Mix all ingredients for batter to a thick batter. Set aside.
- Take ripe banana, cut some banana from the middle. Stuff with the filling. Coat it in the batter.
- Drop in hot oil and fry till golden brown on all sides.
- Drain and serve hot.
1)Take poha in a bowl.
2)Soak them in water for 1 min or so
3)Drain them and squeeze extra water from them, take it in a bowl.
4)Add in grated jaggery
5)Add in freshly grated coconut
6)Add in cardamom powder
7)Mix well and set aside.
8)I like to add a tsp of ghee in the mix for flavour.
9)Mix well and set that aside.
10)Now make the batter, take all purpose flour / maida in a bowl.
11)Add in sugar
12)Add in baking soda
14)Mix well to a smooth batter
15)Now take ripe bananas. Nendrapazham in best.
16)Peel off the skin
17)Cut a portion like this so we can stuff it.
18)Stuff with the poha mix
19)Add it to the batter
20)Coat the whole banana with the batter
21)You can spoon the batter using the spatula itself.
22)Drop in hot oil and fry till golden brown.
23)Flip over and cook till golden brown
24)Remove it and cool down a little.
25)Cut it into bite size pieces.