Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Vendakkai Kara Kulambu Recipe with Step by step pictures. Delicious kara kulambu recipe made using ladies finger. Taste great with rice.
I love kara kuzhambu. The taste of kara kulambu is somewhat tangy, spicy and very flavourful. It is a perfect combination with rice.
We are always looking for recipes to make everyday like kulambu, poriyal and sidedishes for rice. This kara kulambu will become your favorite. It is easy to make and taste amazing.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Vendakkai Kara Kulambu Recipe
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - ¼ tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 2
- Curry leaves a handful
- Onion - 1 chopped
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Ladies finger - 6 chopped
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander powder - 3 tblps
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Tamarind Pulp - 2 tblsp
- Water as needed
- Sat to taste
- Coconut - ¾ cup
- Fried Gram Dal / Pottu kadalai - 1 tblsp
- Fennel seeds - 2 tsp
- Grind all the ingredients to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add seasoning ingredients and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions, tomatoes and ladies finger. Saute for 5 mins.
- Add in spice powders, salt and tamarind. Mix well.
- Add water and mix well.Bring it to a boil and cook for 5 mins.
- Add coconut masala and mix well. Bring it to a boil.
1)Take coconut in a blender. Add in Fried gram dal
2)Add in fennel seeds
3)grind till smooth
4)heat oil in a pan
5)Add in mustard seeds, urad dal
6)Add in fenugreek and dry red chillies
7)Add in curry leaves
8)Add in shallots
9)Add in tomatoes
10)Add in ladies finger
11)Stir and cook for 4 to 5 mins
12)Now it is sauted well
13)Add in turmeric, chilli, coriander powder
14)Mix well. Add tamarind
17)Add in coconut
19)Bring to a boil