Vanilla & Chocolate Pudding Recipe – Agar Agar Pudding Recipe with Step wise pictures.
This is a delicious pudding which has both vanilla and chocolate layer in them. I made it in glasses but you can make it in tiny cups for parties. The pudding is so creamy and taste so refreshing.
This is great for summer time, since kids love pudding. This pudding is made using agar agar or china grass as a setting agent. Agar agar is a natural coolant to body. You can use gelatin as a setting agent, but agar agar is much more healthy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Milk - 2 cups + 2 tblsp
- China Grass / Agar Agar - 10 grams
- Sugar - 6 tblspn
- Cocoa Powder - 1 tblspn
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - 1 tsp + 1 tsp
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Soak china grass or agar agar in water for 15 mins. Now heat gently till the agar agar melts. Set aside.
- Take 1 tsp cornflour and add 2 tblspn milk and mix well. Set aside.
- Take milk in a sauce pan, add 3 tblsp sugar and mix well. Heat till it comes to a boil.
- Add cornflour mix and vanilla and mix well. Add in half of the melted agar agar and mix well. Cook this for a min.
- Pour it into serving cups till it comes half way through. Pop this in freezer for 10 mins to 15 mins till the top layer is little set.
- Now make chocolate layer. Take 1 tsp cornflour, cocoa and 3 tblsp sugar in a sauce pan. Add in milk and mix well. Heat this till it comes to a boil and cook for a min till it thickens.
- Now add in salt and other half of the agar agar and mix well.
- Pour this over the vanilla layer and pop it in fridge till set for 4 to 6 hours.
- Serve cold.
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Take agar agar or china grass and chop it into small pieces
3)Add in water and let it soak for 15 mins
4)Take it in a sauce pan, heat gently till agar agar melts.
5)Now it is melted, you can keep this warm or if it solidifies heat again to melt it down.
6)Now take cornflour or cornstarch in a bowl
7)Add some 2 tblsp of milk and mix well.
8)Take milk in a sauce pan
9)Add in sugar
10)No heat till sugar is melted
11)Add in cornflour mix and heat till it thickens
12)Add vanilla essence
14)Add half of the agar agar mix and mix well
15)Now the vanilla layer is done.
16)Pour it into serving glass till it is half way filled. Pop this in freezer for 15 mins till the top layer is almost set.
17) Now lets make the chocolate layer. Take cocoa, sugar and cornflour in a sauce pan
18)Add in milk
19)Whisk well till combined.
20) Heat till it thickens
21)Now it is nice and creamy
22)Add the other half of the agar agar mix. If it hardens heat it again till it is melted.
23)Add a pinch of salt
25)Now take the vanilla layer and pour the chocolate layer on top
26)Pop this in fridge till it is set.