Burger, Pizza’s are everyones favorite. Specially kids go crazy for these junk foods. My little one loves chicken popcorn and demands it often. I too crave for burger often. Since these junk foods are not good for health, i try to stay away from it. Most of the time i make it at home for my little one. Somedays i turn potatoes into popcorn chicken and try to cheat my little one. There are days when she don’t even finds it. Someday’s i get on a mission and try to replicate those popular fast food recipes.
Few days back i wanted to create mcdonald’s mcaloo tikki burger which i am seeing all over internet. It is pretty easy to make and taste amazing. This burger was so good and it turned out super crispy. This recipe is a great recipe for your kids party and it can be put in your kids lunch box as well.
I loved this recipe because it is made at home and you exactly know what ingredients you are adding and the quality of the ingredients. All the ingredients are fresh and you know it is good for your kids. Making these kind of fast food recipes at home is best because you are not giving your kids preservatives instead whole foods.
Looking for many more burger recipes, check this link.
Aloo Tikki Burger
Patty Peas Burger
Potato Latkes Burger
Crusted Tofu Burger
Veggie Cheese Burger
Classic Barbeque Chicken Sliders
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Potatoes - 4 large boiled, peeled and mashed
- Poha / Aval / Flattened Rice - ¼ cup
- Dried Basil - 1 tsp
- Dried Oregano - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Frozen peas - ½ cup thawed
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - ½ cup
- Gram Flour / Besan - 2 tblsp
- Cornflour / Cornstarch - 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tblsp (for batter)
- Water as needed
- Mayonnaise - ½ cup
- Tomato Ketchup - 2 tblsp
- Breadcrumbs - 1 cup or as needed
- Oil for shallow frying
- Burger Buns - 5 to 6
- Onions thinly sliced
- Start by soaking poha in water for 5 mins, drain and squeeze it and set aside.
- Take potatoes, poha, basil, oregano, cumin powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, coriander powder,turmeric powder, garlic powder, peas and salt in a bowl. Mash it really well. Take small portion, shape it into small portion. Flatten it till little thin. Place this in fridge for 30 mins.
- Take flour, gram flour, cornflour, salt in a bowl. Add oil and rub into the flour. Add water slowly and make it into a little thin batter.
- Take breadcrumbs in a bowl.
- Coat the patties and dip it in the batter, coat with breadcrumbs and pop it in fridge for 30 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, place patties in and fry till golden on both sides.
- Drain and set aside.
- Mix mayo and ketchup together and set aside.
- Take buns and slit it open, toast till golden on both sides.
- Take bun, spread sauce, place patties on top, top with onion rings. Place another bun on top. Serve.
1)Take poha (flattened rice) in a bowl. Add some water and soak for 5 mins, drain and squeeze off the excess water.
2)Take potatoes, boil it and peel the skin off.
3)Mash the potatoes using a masher or fork.
4)Add in the squeezed poha or flattened rice. This helps in binding the mixture and makes the patties firmer when frying.
5)Add in all the spice powders. I added basil, oregano, cumin powder, chilli powder, pepper powder, coriander powder,turmeric powder.
6)Add in garlic powder
7)Add salt to taste
8)Add in peas. I used frozen peas which i thawed in microwave.
9)Now use a masher to mash the mixture really well.
10)Make the mixture into a thick dough like. The mixture shouldn’t be soft, if it is too soft add more poha and knead.
11)Shape the mixture into patties. Make the patties little thin.
12)Put the patties in fridge for 30 mins to 1 hour.
13)Now lets make the batter, take all purpose flour / maida in a bowl
14)Add in gram flour (besan) and cornflour (cornstarch)
15)Add salt to taste
16)Add in oil
17)Rub the oil into the flour really well. This step is important since it will make the patties crisp.
18)Now add water and make it into little thin batter
19)The batter should be smooth and little thin. Not too thick.
20)Take the patties and use a fork to coat the patties in the batter.
21)Coat it on both sides.
22)Remove it carefully.
23)Take breadcrumbs in a bowl. I used japanese panko style breadcrumbs. You can take some fresh bread and process it in a blender till it becomes into crumbs.
24)Coat the patties in the breadcrumbs. After coating the patties in the crumbs on both sides. Chill the patties for 30 mins before frying.
25)Heat oil for shallow frying. drop patties in and fry till golden on both sides.
26)Cook on medium heat on one side.
27)After that, flip it over and cook till golden on other side.
28)Now it is fried up, drain it on some paper towel.
29)Now make sauce, take mayo in a bowl.
30)Add some ketchup.
31) Now the sauce is done, set aside till needed.
32)Take your burger buns, cut it open
33)Toast it in a pan till golden. set this aside.
34)Take a burger bun.
35)Apply some sauce
36)Place the patties. You can place some lettuce on top of the sauce as well
37)Place onion rings and cover with other half of the bun.