Purple Cabbage Pepper Fry Recipe with step wise pictures.
This delicious purple cabbage pepper fry taste amazing and it is very easy to make as well. You can use normal cabbage to make this too.
This is a quick stir fry or sidedish which you can make in less than 20 mins. The cabbage and black pepper taste amazing. Even if you are not a big cabbage lover this will be delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Purple Cabbage - 3 cups shredded
- Oil - 4 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Black pepper Powder - 2 tsp
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard, urad dal, fennel seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add in cabbage and salt. Stir fry for 4 to 5 mins.
- Now cover and cook for 8 to 10 mins.
- Now open the lid and cook for 5 mins on high heat.
- Now add in garam masala powder and pepper powder.
- Mix well.
1)Heat oil in a kadai
2)Add in mustard and urad dal
3)Add in fennel seeds
4)Add in curry leaves
5)Let them sizzle
6)Add in cabbage
9)Cover and cook for 10 mins
10)Now cabbage is cooked
11)Open the lid and cook for further 10 mins on high heat
12)Add in pepper powder
13)Add garam masala powder