Andhra chutney powder or paruppu podi made with dals and spices taste delicious with hot rice or tiffin items.
I wanted to share this podi here for a long time. Even though this is a staple in our house, i somehow missed to share it here. Finally i made quite a few powders yesterday specially for blog. Will share all those soon.
This can be served over some rice and a drizzle of ghee. You can have it with idli or dosa too.Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Ingredients for Andhra Chutney Powder
Chana Dal / Kadalai Paruppu - ½ cup
Toor Dal / Tuvaram Paruppu - ½ cup
Roasted Gram Dal / Pottu Kadalai - 1 tblspn
Coriadner Seeds - 1 tsp
Jeera / Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Andhra Chutney Powder Recipe
- Chana Dal / Kadalai Paruppu - ½ cup
- Toor Dal / Tuvaram Paruppu - ½ cup
- Roasted Gram Dal / Pottu Kadalai - 1 tblspn
- Coriander Seeds - 1 tsp
- Jeera / Cumin Seeds - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Take all ingredients in a dry pan and roast till golden.Set aside so it cools.
- Take it in a blender along with salt and powder fine.
- Store in a container and have with rice or idli, dosa.
Andhra Chutney powder Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients|