Chicken 65 biryani recipe with step by step pictures.
Chicken 65 biryani was on my to do list for quite sometime. Finally i made it few weeks back and it was super hit. I couldn’t resist it so i wanted to share it on my blog.
Making chicken 65 biryani can be little different from the other biryani because since we are frying the chicken separately instead of cooking it with the rice. The rice may not have the same flavour. So i created this recipe. I added half the chicken in the rice and other half i fried and used as garnish. The rice was so flavourful because of the chicken which we added.
- Basmati rice - 500 grams
- Coconut oil - 1/4 cup
- Ghee - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 1/2 kg
- Ginger garlic paste -1 tblspn
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Green chillies - 4
- Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves - 1 cup chopped finely
- Mint leaves - 1 cup chopped finely
- Milk - 3 tblspn
- Saffron a pinch
- Yellow food colour as needed
- Chicken - 1 kg cut into small piece
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblspn
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblspn
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblspn
- Curd / Yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix all ingredients for marination. Set aside.
- Soak rice for 30 mins.
- Heat lots of water in a pot for cooking rice. Add in salt. Add rice and cook for 6 to 8 mins till rice is half cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pot. Add in onions and cook till golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and saute them for 2 mins.
- Add chillies, spice powders, curd and mix well. Add salt and mix well.
- Now add in half of the marinated chicken and mix well. Add in water and coriander leaves and mint leaves.
- Layer rice on top.
- Add in coriander and mint leaves.
- Add in saffron soaked in milk along with some food colour.
- Top with ghee and cover it.
- Place it on lowest heat possible and cook for 30 to 35 mins.
- Remove and fluff up the rice.
- Fry the remaining chicken pieces in hot oil.
- In a bowl, place fried chicken 65 pieces, then top with rice. Invert the bowl into a plate and serve.
1)Take chicken in a bowl
2)Add in yogurt
3)Add in ginger garlic paste
4)Add in garam masala powder, salt and lemon juice
5)Add in chilli powder, coriander pdr, turmeric powder, cumin powder
6)Mix well and set aside to marinate.
7)Heat oil and ghee in a pot
8)Add in onions
9)Cook till light golden. Add in ginger garlic paste
10)Add in spice powders
11)Add in garam masala powder
13) Add in yogurt /curd
14)Add salt to taste
16)Add in half of the chicken
18)Add little water
19)Add coriander and mint leaves
20)Add in rice
21)Pour over saffron milk
22)Top with more coriander and mint leaves
23)Top with ghee
24)Cover and cook for 35 to 40 mins
25)Fluff up the rice
26)Fry the remaining chicken
27)Spoon the rice over the chicken
28)Top with rice