Chicken Liver Fry Recipe with step by step pictures. This dry dish is made with chicken livers and spices.
Chicken liver is hubby's favorite, I am not so fond of it. But he loves it more than anything else. Even in the chicken curry which I make, he looks for that liver piece. So I thought to make a simple dish with his favorite ingredients. And guess what he loved it a lot.
Those liver tasted so spicy and yummy, it picked all the flavours from the spices and was cooked beautifully. I am planning to make a fry with that..I will post that soon.
About Chicken liver fry
Chicken liver is a popular and essential ingredient in many popular European, Asian, and Southern dishes. Its not pretty to look at, but when cooked properly, it can taste delicious and is an excellent food to add to your repertoire.
Chicken liver is inexpensive, high in nutrients, versatile, and simple to prepare. The food, which is high in iron, folate, and a variety of vitamins and minerals, packs a powerful punch of health benefits.
Are chicken livers fatty?
Chicken livers have a low fat content. However, your body requires fat to function. Fats aid in the absorption of certain vitamins, such as vitamin A, and they are also required for hormone production, reproductive functions, and the maintenance of a healthy and energised brain.
Hope you will love it and tell me if you try it someday.
Ingredients for Chicken Liver Masala Fry :
Chicken Liver :
Fried chicken livers have a strong flavour that some people find unpleasant; they can also taste metallic, bitter, rubbery, or dry. When cooked properly, chicken livers are tender, creamy, and smooth in texture, as well as very meaty, and the combination with the caramelised onions is delectable.
Ginger Garlic Paste :
Ginger garlic paste is a staple in many Indian dishes, ranging from curries to biryanis and everything in between. It adds delectable, savoury notes as well as a heavenly aroma that is unique to Indian cuisine.
Tomato flavour is frequently described as sweet, tart, tangy, or well- balanced. Tomato flavour is also known as classic tomato flavour or old-fashioned tomato flavour in some cases. Some tomatoes are described as having a mild or bland flavour.
📖 Recipe Card
Chicken Liver Fry | Chicken Liver Fry Recipe | Fried Chicken Liver
- 200 grams Chicken Liver - 200 gms
- 1 medium Onion thinly sliced
- 1 medium Tomatoes chopped finely
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves / Cilantro - for garnishing
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in fennel seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions andsaute them for few mins. Add in ginger garlic paste and saute them for a mins.
- Add in curry leaves and mix them well.
- Now add in salt, spice powders and mix well.
- Throw the tomatoes in and give a stir. Cook the tomatoes till they turn slightly mushy.
- Add in chicken liver and toss well with the masala
- Cover this with a lid and cook on a low heat for 15-20 mins till the chicken liver is cooked completely, but doesn't turn mushy.
- Now open the lid and cook on a high heat, till all the water evaporates and the dish gets thick and dry.
- Throw in lots of coriander leaves and mix well so that the flavours will get united.
- Serve this curry with plain white rice and rasam. YUM YUM.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Chicken Liver Fry Recipe with step by step pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Heat oil in a non stick kadai|
|add some fennel seeds in it|
|add in onions|
|and saute them|
|now add in ginger garlic paste and curry leaves|
|add in the spice powders|
|and give it a stir|
|add in tomatoes|
|and mix well|
|add the chicken liver in|
|and toss well with the masala|
|cover and cook|
|till everything is cooked perfectly|
|Now turn the heat to high and evaporate the water from it|
|After it gets dry, add in coriander leaves|